“Overnight casino getaway with my daughter.”

Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My daughter and I went to Mt. Pleasant for an overnight getaway to Soaring Eagle Casino. We opted to stay at the Hampton Inn instead of the casino hotel. I booked online before I left the house (2 1/2 hours away), and when we got to the hotel, all I did was sign my name and get my key. Check in was a breeze! The hotel was literally right down the street from the casino. The staff was very, very friendly! We used the pool and the hot tub while we were there and they were both clean and great. The hotel was clean. The beds and linens were comfortable. They offered free (full) breakfast in the morning that was wonderful! The WIFI works great and the TV had many good channels. I would stay here again the next time we visit this area and I would recommend this hotel to anyone else as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy T
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I have shared your feedback about your stay with our team. It really brightens up their day to have someone take time to recognize their hard work. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The manager wouldn't up grade us to a king size bed or 2 queens. Said the full size beds were all he had left. My wife all 4'11'' couldn't fit in the so called full size bed, feet hung over the edge.
When I talked to Brandon, all he could do was argue with me and laugh. Never will we darken their doors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I apologize that our two double bed room did not work for your stay. We do want our guests to enjoy their stay and be comfortable. I am sorry that we did not have a king bed available to switch you into. We do not wish our guests to not like the room they reserved, but in times of being sold out of specific rooms, we are not always able to adjust reservations. Thank you for your feedback about your stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

It snowed pretty heavy the night before we were scheduled to leave. I woke up early to clean off the car and was pleasantly surprised that hotel staff cleaned off the snow on all of the guests cars. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tracey U

Thank you for the comments about our snow removal process. This is something that not only our hotel, but our management team is passionate about. We want our guests to be able to get where they need to go and not have to worry about things such as this. It is our goal to go above and beyond for our guests as much as we can and I am thankful that you noticed! I hope you get a chance to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

3 Day stay for Girls weekend. Could not have asked for nicer staff. Brandan at the Deck was very friendly and professional. Sam at the breakfast station stood out. Rooms were clean and well decorated. Lobby very nice and cozy with a fire place. Hot tub was just right. Lots of Jets and warm water. There was foam but we have a hot tub and unless we use defoamer we get the same thing. No big deal. Pool was nice. Several kids using it so I chose not to but water temp decent. Clean towels and clean area and there were several kid there. Biggest problem is parents not watching their kids , the prefer to be on their phones while kids are jumping in the hot tub and running. Breakfast was good. Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and fresh fruit available 24 hours. Would definately stay again

Room Tip: We were in room 217 close to elevator
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank cruisinonnie

Your comments made our day! Brandon and Sam were very excited to see their names mentioned on a survey and won a prize thanks to you! My team tries very hard to make each guests stay enjoyable and to read such great comments makes it all worth it. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Good value. Only improvement I would suggest is increasing quantity of food for breakfast depending on number of guests. When it's crowded we ended waiting a bit. Overall good package, would come again with family.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I have passed along the information about our food to our breakfast bar team. They will be working even harder to make sure this does not happen again. We are grateful for the suggestion and hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I travel a fair amount for work and have stayed at several Hampton Inns. I stayed at the one in Mt. Pleasant for 4 nights. It had fairly standard rooms (which is to say mine was just fine). The breakfast was the standard fare: hot dishes (mostly egg dishes and a side), oatmeal, fruit, cereals, make-your-own waffles, etc. The waffles were very tasty, but the eggs were dried out each morning.

The thing that really impressed me was the fact that when we had 11" of snow, the staff did an amazing job of clearing the parking lot. Not only did they plow the main driving areas, but when they were done with that, they used a snow blower to clear a space between and behind each car, so you could easily get around your car to clear it off. By the time I got to my car, there was only a little wall of snow about 3 inches wide and 11 inches deep around my car. It was so nice to have the staff take care of their guests so well.

I would recommend this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gwyneth60

Thank you for giving us feedback about your stay. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to do that. Your kind words about my maintenance engineer put a big smile on his face. The removal of snow for our guests is not only important to our hotel but to our management company as well. We want our guests to be comfortable, even if the weather is not! I hope you get a change to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This stay was disappointing. Room ok. Strange smell in hallway. Staff was professional. Pool area not so good, no clean towels deck strewn with dirty ones. Hot tub had no heat and extra foamy, really scary. Usually a nice place whats up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan z

I truly appreciate your feedback about your most recent stay. Thank you for sharing that my staff was professional. I apologize for the pool area not being taken care of properly. We do stand behind our 100% Hampton Guarantee and did invoke this for your nights stay with us. Hopefully this will allow you to stay with us again and see that this is not a normal situation at our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback; it only helps strengthen us as Guest Service Representatives.