“weekend get away”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
South Lyon, Michigan
“weekend get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I think the staff duty during our stay was one of the better I have experience and I travel about 60-70 nights per year on business and another 25-30 for pleasure all over North America. we enjoyed the breakfast offered and were surprised when we saw how many people (Young Men;s Basketball teams)were staying at the hotel because it had been so quiet in the sleeping area.

3 Thank stewart c
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am pleased that you took time out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. My team was excited to read that you feel this is one of the better hotels that you have stayed at. They work hard to try and make each guest comfortable and happy during their stay. Thank you for sharing how quiet our hotel is. We do try and let everyone enjoy their time here but also do our best to keep the fun to an indoor level. I hope you get a chance to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We've stayed here a couple times. This hotel is nice and clean as would be expected of a Hampton. It is a few miles from CMU; not close enough to walk to football games. Breakfast is the usual but was a bit crowded. Need more seating and the breakfast staff might need a little more help during peak times to keep things full and in order. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BBKT
I appreciate you taking time to let us know about your most recent stay. Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you had a nice stay and that your room was clean. We are making sure that we have more breakfast bar staff on during busy times to take care of our guests. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff was incredibly helpful, expedient, professional, and attentive to all of our needs. I had to print out a summary for a presentation, and they allowed me to print 30 extra copies at no charge. They were sold out that night, and three of us had to stay in one room. I requested a roll-away bed, and they had it at the door within 5 minutes. I'm also a bit of a coffee snob, and they had an AWESOME selection of coffee available in the lobby the next day. I've travelled a lot over the last five years, and this was one of the nicest hotels for the money. I don't know when I'll be back in Mt. Pleasant, but would certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay was. We are grateful for your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comment about being a "coffee snob" really made me laugh, as I call myself that as well! We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Temperance, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Needed a quick weekend getaway to visit with my daughter who is a student @ CMU. I usually don't enjoy staying in hotels but my room was clean, quiet and did not "smell" like a hotel room. I especially liked the fact that the bed coverings are actually changed and cleaned between guests! Breakfast offered many options beyond the normal continental style. Fitness room had limited equipment but I was able to use it daily without having to wait. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am grateful that you took the time to let us know how your stay went. We really strive to make this our guests "home away from home" and I am glad to hear that is how your stay was. I will certainly share your comments with our team as it will brighten their day. Thank you again for your comments.
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I went up north for a weekend getaway. We found the hotel on tripadvisor. When we got there, everything was very clean and front desk person was very nice. The room was very roomy and was quiet.

Room Tip: Roomy Quiet Awesome breakfast buffet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I appreciate the great feedback and will ensure I share this with my team. We look forward to serving in again in the future.
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our 11 year old girls basketball team stayed here for a tournament in town, on the recommendation of the tournament's volunteer commitee. I am glad they put us on to such a clean, safe, and affordable hotel with excellent staff and amenities. We came from Canada and our stay was memorable, enhanced by the fantastic hotel and staff. Rooms so big and clean, pool area was a little small but very well kept, breakfast great way to start our girls busy days of basketball, and so close to all amenities in town. If we come back to play in the same tournament next year, this will be the hotel we stay at, without question.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased that you and your team enjoyed their stay with us. I appreciate you taking time to let us know how your visit to our hotel was and I will make sure that I share this with our team. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Chelsea, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Staff were exceptional both at check in and check out. Beds had to have been the most uncomfortable bed that we have ever slept in at a Hilton (and we are HHonors Gold Members). If you're not planning on spending any time relaxing in bed, you're fine. If you're looking for a good nights sleep, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Also, we were in a Jacuzzi room and the tub was really not that clean - very disappointing when you're looking to enjoying a nice relaxing soak in the tub.