“This is a very nice Hampton”

Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Farmington Hills, MI
“This is a very nice Hampton”
Reviewed April 6, 2008

Spent a night here while visiting the university. Definitely an above-average Hampton. Great location...just down the road from the casino...minutes from CMU. Room was roomy, clean, and well decorated. Nice big bathroom.

Lobby area was spacious. Breakfast selection was fairly extensive and well laid out...not cramped at all. Fitness room is small but has TV, water and towels. Pool looked fine. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Had a very nice stay....no issues here.

• Liked — nicer than usual Hampton
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gladysg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Woodhaven, MI
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My fiance and I stayed here New Year's Eve night after seeing it was rated #1 in Mt. Pleasant on Tripadvisor and their NYE rate was one of the lowests available we could find for the area.

This is a very nice hotel very clean with a nice pool/hottub room.
The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. New Years morning, I was looking around the lobby and the manager came up to me and knew I was looking for a newspaper and told me where I could find them. the front desk staff and maintenance staff are all very friendly also and take the time to say hello to you.

If you are staying in Mt. Pleasant, I highly recommend this hotel. It is also about 1 mile from the Soaring Eagle casino resort (under a $5 cab ride if you don't want to drive)

• Liked — Helpful friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing aside from us getting up too late for the free hot breakfast! :)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Upnorth49757
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed September 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night on our way to the U.P. and we absolutely loved this hotel. Our room was spotless and very quiet. The bed was by far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a hotel. Check-in/out was a breeze, and the breakfast was very good. We will absolutely stay here again if we're in the Mount Pleasant area.

• Liked — Comfortable bed and quiet room
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cvnurse
Grand Rapids Michigan
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This is a typical Hampton. Reception is friendly with no problems. There was a typical Hampton breakfast. The decor, especially carpeting, is beginning to look worn and could use a good cleaning. Even the white duvet cover on the king bed seemed a little dingy.

However, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The pool and exercise room looked fine.

Wireless access was good.

Really, there were no problems, but it hard to rate it above average.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Frequentflyermom
Livonia,MI
Reviewed January 28, 2007

I decided to treat myself to a getaway weekend ,and since my stepson attends Central Michigan,I chose Mt. Pleasant as the destination. After checking out room rates at the Soaring Eagle casino(a little too rich for my blood!), I took a look at the Hampton Inn since I have always been happy staying at various Hamptons around the country. With my AAA discount, I was able to get a King Whirlpool room for 116.00 a night. Because of bad weather in the Detroit area on my arrival date, I decided to head out early and ended up at the hotel 2 hours before the stated check-in time. The wonderful young lady at the desk got me in my room early, which was great. When I got to my room, I was amazed at how spacious it was! Even the bathroom
was huge! Later in the evening, the large, in-room whirlpool tub was great for unwinding from the tough drive that afternoon. I did not get a chance to use either the small fitness room or the indoor pool/jacuzzi in the hotel, but I checked these areas out and they were very well maintained. There was even an easy-to-locate small guest laundry room near the lobby. Breakfast on both mornings of my stay was great, as usual for a Hampton......cereal, pastries, and hot selections. There is a new IHOP next door if anyone's interested. Everyone I dealt with on the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to the casino, too. If you plan on visiting Mt.Pleasant, skip the pricey casino resort and stay at Hampton Inn instead!

Stayed January 2007
7 Thank kelivonia
Michigan
Reviewed December 25, 2006

My sister and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Mount Pleasant and we had some difficulties with our cell phones. The front desk went out of their way to make sure that we could contact our family to inform them that we made it to the hotel safely, with no charge. That showed me that they put their customers first and they really cared. I would recommend this hotel and their great customer service to anyone.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank smithcj
Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2006

This was the best hotel I've stayed at in a long time! Just one mile from the Casino! The staff was great from check-in to check-out. We forgot our toothpaste and they provided some free of charge. The room was clean and fresh. And the bed.... Oh the bed. This was not your typical sag in the middle hotel bed - this bed was better than mine at home! I didn't want to get out of bed. And the linens too - That was one of the best night sleep I've had. The continental breakfast was good - they had hot sausage patties, french toast sticks, bagels, cereal, pastries, coffee and more. I will be staying here again!!

• Liked — The bed!
  • Disliked — Finding parking after hours
  • Tips/Secrets — eat the breakfast!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple