“Super 8 going for the gold”

Super 8 Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at the Super 8 every year while attending the Special Olympic Summer Games in Mt. Pleasant since 2000. They have always done a great job and it's always been clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Becky Z, General Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Than you for all of the nice comments. I will pass them along to the team. Can't wait for the games to start again. See you next year.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Your staff is very friendly and helpful. Your hotel looks presentable from the outside, however it is very dated and the rooms are old, and nothing smells very fresh. We had a group of families that stayed at the hotel for a basketball tournament. There were 3 hotels suggested by the tournament organizers. The other 2 were booked, so I arranged for our team to stay at the Super 8. I was embarrassed to be responsible for the reservations. I am not a critical person by nature, but this hotel needs an overhaul. Also, the breakfast was really disappointing. Most of the families went to McDonalds. The cost for the accommodations should have been $30 less than what we were charged. My wife had to go into the hallway 3 times to ask people to be quiet around midnight.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for you feed back, I was glad to hear the staff was friendly. When we have our hotel full of teams it does get a little loud. My staff are always willing to take care of any noise problems as they occur.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Please pick another hotel in the area. No cameras in parking lot and not a safe place to stay. My car windows were broken out and police were called. They have cameras above their cash register but not in parking lot. Manager Becky only refunded me 1 night out of 2 nights and would not pay for my damage. She said this usually does not happen but police officer said different and was patrolling parking lot all next night. This hotel is individually owned and corporate Super 8 will not help me. Manager Becky was rude and did not take any responsibility for her hotel's safety.

PLEASE FOR YOUR FAMILY'S SAFETY DO NOT STAY AT SUPER 8.

DON'T HAVE YOUR VEHICLE BROKEN INTO AND YOUR TRIP RUINED!!!!!!

1  Thank Jeff S
Laura L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

I value all my guests and want to insure customer safety and satisfaction. We really don't have a problem with vandalism here at Super 8. I am the General Manager of the property and I personally work with this guest on this unfortunate issue. I went above and beyond to make sure his needs was taken care. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Sincerely Becky Z

Reviewed May 28, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times while visiting my kids at CMU. The staff is always friendly, the rooms always clean, the continental breakfast is always good and I love the Dewey Egberts coffee. Mt. Pleasant is a small town so its close to everything, the university, shopping and restaurants. Great place. I highly recommend it and will stay here again.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our stay at the super 8 hotel in Mt Pleasant MI. was a great experience. From the time that we made the reservations we encountered great customer service. Once again, when we checked in we were greeted with outstanding friendly people at the front desk. The rooms were clean and the morning breakfast was good. The location is perfect for anything you need. The head of housekeeping was super nice and the general manager was great, we hugged as we said good bye. We will definitely be back, we've already made our reservations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Laura L, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing about your stay with us here. I'm glad we were able to meet all your expectations. We are in a great location here in town weather its the campus of CMU your looking for or shopping and dinner you'll find we are located close to all. I will make sure to share this with our staff they enjoy hearing from our guests. We look forward to your future stay with us.