Super 8 Mt. Pleasant
$101
Hotels.com
$98
Hampton.com
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$75
$139
$125
Fairfield Inn
$63
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort(Mount Pleasant)
$129
Wolds Motel(Mount Pleasant)
$70
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleansummer gamesspecial olympicsstaff was very friendlybreakfast foodbagelswater pressureneeded a place to stayrestaurants and shoppingstay there againwaffle makerpleasant stayin towncentral michigan universitythe breakfast areasaturday night
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First of all, let me say I rated this hotel based off the price. If you like $200/night hotels, this is not the place for you! For the price, it was a decent hotel and close to CMU and only 6 miles or so from the casino. The staff I interacted with were all friendly and helpful. From checking in to checking out every staff member went beyond what I expected. The room was clean and the beds were great. Breakfast was nice, and for the amount of people at the hotel the night I stayed, the staff did a good job of keeping everything filled up. Breakfast was basic but does include fresh waffles if you can stand getting in line and waiting 2 minutes for each one to cook! It's worth the wait and was the only "hot" breakfast food the morning we were there.

The only negative thing I found was the areas in need of repair. My room and linens were all clean which is usually my first concern. The door to the bathroom didn't close properly and the handle was lose and about to fall off. The bathtub was a large jet tub and had a crack down the center; not even sure how it held water! The walls are really thin and we had to turn on the heater/fan so it would run all night and drown out the sound of people in the hall and above us. If I were to go to the area again, I would probably give this hotel a second chance. There is no pool and the fitness room is pretty basic but overall the staff and price made up for the minor issues. (If you're a light sleeper, you may find more issues with the noise than anything else)

Room Tip: If I go back I would request the top floor in hopes of not listening to the people above me walk around all night.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed on Saturday my first ever girls noght out in 31 years of marriage. We checked in late I thought at 4:30. Our room was not ready and we had to wait. We were not happy about not having a refrigerator in the room.
The room was clean on the surface but when my girlfriend sat in chair at the desk she said look there is a pile of dust visable behind the TV. I am allergic to dust and had issues with my nose and eyes. The people in the room beside us was very noisy kept us up.
I did enjoy the breakfast. You had a variety for us to pick from.
Leona Stacey

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
A Wyndham traveler
Traverse City
Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at many Super 8s. This had to be 1 of the worst for a couple different reasons. 1st they told us they were 4 miles from the casino...they were mistaken. The single night rate was higher than I have ever payed at a Super 8 & didn't come close to being worth it. Sheets that didn't fit the bed, so much noise coming from the traffic on the street, we thought the window was open! It wasn't really dirty...just needed to be updated, things were just old & aged. We will not stay again.