“Pleasantly surprised!”

Super 8 Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We neglected to make our reservations in Mt. Pleasant ahead of time and discovered that all rooms were booked due to college graduation! A cancellation at the Super 8 was all we could find and from reading previous postings I was pretty dismal about the prospect of staying there. What a nice surprise to find the room clean, fresh smelling and everything clean! The staff was very nice and helpful, it was nice and quiet late at night and no problem sleeping. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows around if needed and the continental breakfast was well stocked with a waffle maker, sweet rolls, cereals, toast/bagels, coffee & juices. I have to search for anything that was not up to snuff. My only complaint was the small, thin towels for showering and I can live with that! I recommend staying here anytime.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
AmandaLC, Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

I’m so very glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and take comments and advice from our guests to make those improvements. I’m excited to see that our hard work has made an impact! We will definetly take the suggestion of thicker towels into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to comment on us!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

The Super 8 Mount Pleasant offers a close stay to Central Michigan University. It also offers the best rate of a chain within Mount Pleasant. The rates are a bit higher than are typical for a Super 8, but then again they are reasonable and one would be left to stay in a lower quality place or pay a great deal more were they not there.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The fact that the location accepted pets was a major plus for us. I experienced no issues with my stay except in areas beyond the staffs ability to deal with. The hotel was sold out over 4/30-5/1 so hot water was in short supply during the morning. The breakfast area also was crowded. Despite the latter the breakfast items remained well stocked.

We had a Jacuzzi room, and the tub worked fine, hot water issue notwithstanding. All in all, this is a decent place to stay when visiting a friend or loved one in Mount Pleasant.

Room Tip: The AARP rate netted me more than a $20 discount.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond about our hotel. We’re very glad that we were able to accommodate both you and your pets. We are one of the few pet-friendly hotels in Mt Pleasant, and will always welcome your four-legged friends. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mt Pleasant!

Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel 2 different times in aug. The first time was for a work trip. The staff was very friendly about 2 am the front desk lady helped a very drunk man to to his room. But the hallways were in need of some cleaning. There was food all over a hug what looked to be a wet spot on the carpet and the bottom of the tub in my room. The 2nd time. Once again the lady at the front desk was very nice got a room right away. This time I got a jacuzzi room. Once again bottom of BOTH tubs were filthy. I didnt even want to sit down in the jacuzzi. Breakfast was okay. This hotel would be a wonderfull place if they could just clean it up a bit and scrub the tubs. Other than the dirty tubs both my stays were nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Thank you for your commenting, and I’m very glad that the front desk was accommodating for you each time you stayed. Please rest assured that all issues with the state of your bathtub has been addressed with our staff. Since your two stays last year we have finished renovations of our rooms and re-carpeted stairwells and hallways. I would be very excited to welcome you back to our updated facility, and if you have any other questions feel free to contact me (989) 773-8888 ext. 411.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

I did not stay at this hotel, but had a reservation for November 5, 2010 which was a bad experience. I made a reservation and guaranteed it on my credit card. In order to hold the room (Which I later cancelled) they placed two (2) authorizations for around $160 each. I consider that absurd since most hotels will hold a room without authorizing the credit card unless you are a no show.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
AmandaLC, Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2010

Thank you so much for your time in leaving a comment on Trip Advisor. We apologize for the miscommunication that occurred regarding your cancelled reservation and we are looking into this matter for you. A double authorization upon an individual credit card is not something that is a standard practice at our hotel, and we are very sorry this happened to you. We will also be addressing this with our staff to ensure this does not happen again. We would love to speak with you regarding this matter so we can better understand any miscommunication that happened. Please call me at (989) 773-8888, extension 411. Thank you so much and have a super day!

Reviewed November 8, 2010

It was a very clean hotel located within the city limits. Within walking distance to the CMU football stadium. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
AmandaLC, Manager at Super 8 Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are working very hard to continue improving our standards in keeping an exceptionally clean hotel and still upgrading our amenities. We hope to see you again when you are in the Mount Pleasant area.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

The website shows a casino shuttle and casino package. The shuttle only runs on saturday and sunday. The casino package is $20.
We could not get any cold water in our room and the bed sheets were so badly worn and bumpy we could not sleep. They offer a free "jumpstart" breakfast that makes you want to jump over to a nearby restaurant. They only have a couple items and the toaster was
broken and the juice was all water. Very bad, pass up this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

I would like to start out by sincerely apologizing for your stay. What you experienced is not typical of our hotel, and we will be sharing your comments with our staff to continually improve our hotel. We have, since then, replaced our toaster in the breakfast bar, as well as we’ve replaced many of our linens. As for our shuttle services, we do apologize for the miscommunication on our website, and we are working with our technical support team to clarify that on our website. We would love for you to give us another try, and we hope to see you along the way in your travels again.

Reviewed April 5, 2007

The rooms were average, the staff was so wonderful to us, we stayed at this motel for 8 days the first go, and 5 days the second go. We were from out of town on business for our company. The hotel staff went above and beyond our expectations, so friendly and courteous!!! All we had to do was ask for anything and it was either given at that time or delivered to us immediatley. I would recommend this hotel to my many friends and aquaintances, as well as my family.
I cannot begin to express my gratitude to the staff for making our out of town trip so wonderful!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank QueenSpicy

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We have shared your comments with our staff since your original posting, and we are continuously improving our hotel and our customer service. We have just recently renovated our first and second floors, with renovations currently underway on third floor, and we are very excited. We hope to see you along the way in your travels again!