“Would not stay here again”

Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
atlanta
“Would not stay here again”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Yes this hotel has been renovated but it was such a disappointment. Let's start with the thin ceilings where you can here guests walking above you, running the shower and flushing the toilets. When the heat was on in my room it made a terrible loud noice so I chose to just keep it off. The lighting is dim and dull in the bathroom and good luck trying to find an outlet. Especially one where your plug will actually stay in the outlet.

One evening coming back to my room the hallway had a terrible smell like sewage. Tried to use the hotels printer one night and it was out of paper, utilized what they call a fitness center and there was no more water. Called the front desk and they said they wouldn't be getting in a shipment until the next day.

I normally stay at the Hampton Inn in Mt. Pleasant but because of a business meeting we were required to stay at the Comfort Inn. Never again, not me.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Shreve oh
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed there on Sept 30 and we can't complain about anything. The front desk people couldn't have been nicer and our room was beautiful. We had a jacuzzi room which was facing the Bennigans Restaurant......all we needed to do was close the curtains! It was that simple. This place was clean, accomodating and friendly. I would love to stay there again sometime. We were passing thru on our way home from Mackinac Island. Great place, even had evening appetizers from Bennigans (wine, beer , wings and stogies)!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Comfort Inn's are usually nice hotels and I've never had a bad experience in one, until now. I wouldn't say my experience was horrible, but a couple of issues would preclude me from staying here again, at least on weekends where there is a home football game.

There is a Bennigan's restaurant restaurant attached to the hotel, which is convenient. However, the restaurant is actually parallel to a wing on the hotel, meaning that the windows of those rooms face the windows of the Bennigan's, allowing the restaurant's customers to see inside your room and vice versa. Unless you are an exhibitionist, this means your blinds have to remain closed during the duration of your stay.

When I was there, the Bennigan's had an outdoor tent set-up next to it. The tent contained a cover band who tried to compensate in volume what they lacked in talent. Unfortunately, the tent was a stone's throw from my window, which meant that I had to listen to covers of various overrated bands that college kids like until 2am. I called an complained about this, but nothing was done. In the morning, I just got an apology from the front desk when I complained.

I'm guessing the band phenomenon is limited to home football games and during the week, it would be totally fine. You also have to be aware of the possibility that your room may have an audience, if your room is one of those parallel to the restaurant. For some people though, this may be a plus, if they get turned on by an audience but can't afford a room facing the baseball field at Toronto's Skydome. Although I have nothing to hide, I'm not one of these people. Out of consideration for others, I do not want to make people jealous.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Comfort Inn and Suites (Mt. Pleasant, MI) in late July 2008, when we had traveled to visit our son and his new wife. The Inn is conveniently located off the (very long) south M-127 freeway exit, as soon as you actually get into town. It is physically linked to a Bennigan’s restaurant, which was doing a thriving business when we arrived on Saturday evening. We did not eat there, however, as we had a family affair to attend. Close to the Inn are a myriad of stores, restaurants, gas stations, all very convenient.

The room was good sized and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Some minor issues: there was a good-sized ‘dent’ in one wall that should have been repaired; there was some obvious mold in the crevices in the shower surround. Other than that the bathroom was good-sized, clean, and the plumbing was quiet. We appreciated and used the mini-microwave and the mini-fridge. TV reception was mediocre, with limited channels, but that didn’t matter much to us as we had family to visit. Connection to the wireless internet was a snap.

The clerk at the desk when we checked in was professional and responsive.

The carpeting in the stairwells were dingy and need regular shampooing, not just vacuuming.

The complimentary breakfast was ok but not great. It had a variety of coffees and juices, sweet rolls, what pass for bagels, a waffle maker with a too thin waffle mix, toast, fruit, and cold hard boiled eggs. We have recently stayed at other similar hotel/motels where there is complimentary hot sausage or bacon, warm eggs (scrambled or omelets), biscuits and gravy, so this was a bit of disappointment.

My wife and I might well stay here again, but I think for the price we might also look to do better, especially as Mt. Pleasant has a variety of similar inns with many offerings, due to the casino and the state university.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — complimentary breakfast was so so
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Our room we reserved wasn't available. Gave us a wrong room key and we walked in on people in bed. Desk clerk said that had happened four times that same night!! Recommended we use the dead bolt so no one will walk in on us. How horrible! Next room, heat wasn't working. Next room, only one bed, took half an hour to get a roll-away. Took an hour to get settled into a room. Horrible, unsympathetic employees. I do not recommend ever staying here!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank peacal29
Michigan
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn after the Soaring Eagle Inn said they could no longer honor the rate we had been quoted when the hotel was a Holiday Inn. We're glad we did! The hotel was much nicer and the staff was very friendly and attentive. They also have a casino shuttle which was very convenient.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank yannigan
Ypsilanti
Reviewed November 18, 2006

I have no problems with the hotel itself. The problem was the travel hockey brats that were there during my stay. There was wrestling and roughhousing in the stairwells, and constant door slamming. The last straw was the mini hockey nets in the hallway and the kids playing hockey in the hallway. They acted annoyed that they had to move the hockey nets so I could get through the hallway with my luggage...Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with kids, but using hotel hallways for a sports arena is not acceptable.
I told the front desk and their response was: "Yeah, we know. We chased them out of the 2nd floor hallway and they must have moved down to yours."
On a positive note, I was at a meeting and needed a late check out, and I was able to check out at 3pm without question.

Stayed October 2006