Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
michigan
“Terrible!”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Our room we reserved wasn't available. Gave us a wrong room key and we walked in on people in bed. Desk clerk said that had happened four times that same night!! Recommended we use the dead bolt so no one will walk in on us. How horrible! Next room, heat wasn't working. Next room, only one bed, took half an hour to get a roll-away. Took an hour to get settled into a room. Horrible, unsympathetic employees. I do not recommend ever staying here!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank peacal29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Michigan
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn after the Soaring Eagle Inn said they could no longer honor the rate we had been quoted when the hotel was a Holiday Inn. We're glad we did! The hotel was much nicer and the staff was very friendly and attentive. They also have a casino shuttle which was very convenient.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank yannigan
Ypsilanti
Reviewed November 18, 2006

I have no problems with the hotel itself. The problem was the travel hockey brats that were there during my stay. There was wrestling and roughhousing in the stairwells, and constant door slamming. The last straw was the mini hockey nets in the hallway and the kids playing hockey in the hallway. They acted annoyed that they had to move the hockey nets so I could get through the hallway with my luggage...Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with kids, but using hotel hallways for a sports arena is not acceptable.
I told the front desk and their response was: "Yeah, we know. We chased them out of the 2nd floor hallway and they must have moved down to yours."
On a positive note, I was at a meeting and needed a late check out, and I was able to check out at 3pm without question.

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank YpsiKev
Lansing, mI
Reviewed August 16, 2005

Simply put . . . the best hotel in Mt Pleasant and a great price! The staff was very helpful. The rooms recently remodeled are great. The hotel is not the closest to the Casino by any means but well worth the 5 to 10 minute drive. When staying in Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn and Suites will always be my first choice!

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank michkw
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

Wonderful place to stay - clean and comfortable room. Desk attendants very helpful and friendly.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed April 1, 2004

We just stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights. We had reserved a King Suite at the AAA rate. As we drove up, we saw a sign that said, "Ask about our special discount". So we did, and they gave us ANOTHER 10% off. We started out pretty hapy.

The King Suite is very nice. It has a large bedroom with a King bed and a wonderful two person hottub in the room. There is a smallish living room, a regular bathroom. The appliances in the room were a VCR (we had kids - what a treat), a microwave, a fridge, an iron, and a coffeemaker.

The pool was medium size, and heated to about 82F. I was surprised to find no hot tub in the pool area, so I was glad we had such a lovely jacuzzi in our room.

The rate also included continental breakfast. They offered cereals, milk, french toast, bagels, hot cereal, apples, banannas, coffee, juices and tea. The breakfast area was clean and restocked often.

I'd say the highlight of this hotel was the staff. They went out of their way to be helpful. I was going to have one son "camp" on the floor of the hotel. They insisted on offering him a nice rollaway bed.
I spilled a slushie in the hall. They said, "No problem, we'll be right there to clean it up." I asked for extra pillows, they showed right up with them, cheerfully. Always on the ball, cheerful, and whatever you want kind of people.

I liked this hotel, the staff, the facilities. I'd stay there again if I travel to Mount Pleasant.

• Stayed April 2004
6 Thank Julie M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 9, 2003

We've stayed in this hotel 3 times, one time with our family reunion for our annual canoe trip, once with another couple, and this last time just my husband and me. We love to gamble in the casino, but that resort was much more expensive. After calling around, I was pleased to save $50+, and even got a jacuzzi. We had a corner room, very spacious, very clean, with a nice-sized bathroom. The only complaint I have is the pillows were quite thin (next time I'll call the desk and ask for more), and the ice machine was out. But the breakfast was awesome, and we'll stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member