“Consistantly good.”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Sydney, Australia
“Consistantly good.”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I have stayed here maybe eight times over the years on business and it's alway pretty good. Rooms clean, plenty of parking. Free Internet in the lobby. Staff generally friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Mt. Pleasant. We will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and we look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to the Mt. Pleasant area. We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights in Mount Pleasant to attend convocation at Central Michigan University. We assumed that this was would be one of the busiest weekends of the year but you would never have known it. The hotel seemed calm and well organized. We arrived at noon and were able to get into our room early. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. About thirty minutes after we got into our room, they called to check and make sure that we were happy with the room. In all the hotels we have ever stayed in, that has never happened.
The room was exactly what we asked for. We were on the first floor with a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Probably the best room we have ever had. Truly perfect.
The location was perfect. Right beside the University and very accessible to stores and restaurants. We ate at the restaurant on site when we arrived and the food and service were perfect. The continental breakfast was plentiful and replenished frequently. Lots of seating as well.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit Mount Pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
I am so thrilled that you had such a great stay! We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service to every guest that walks through the door. We pay special attention to detail in every aspect of our work. From the spotless rooms to our courtesy phone calls; we want to ensure that your stay is exactly what you are looking for, every time. We are proud of our staff on a daily basis, and are frequently complimented on the friendliness of our employees.

All of our rooms come equipped with our Serta Pillow-top mattress, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot giving you the opportunity to make it your home away from home! If you liked the breakfast before, come see us again soon! We will be implementing a new “sizzle station,” and adding more hot items to the already delicious biscuits and gravy and make your own Belgium waffles!

With the attached Bennigan’s Restaurant, the surrounding shopping centers, and close proximity to Central Michigan University, we are the perfect spot for any traveler! We are also very close to the Soaring Eagle Casino and provide shuttle service on both Friday and Saturday. You can also enjoy the various hotel amenities such as our 24 hour business center, indoor heated pool, and an arcade for the little ones! Ask about our Casino and Golf Packages as well!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Mount Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites, Hotel and Conference Center! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have stayed at the Mt. Pleasant Comfort in 4-5 times over the past half dozen years. Most of the trips have been for a State of Michigan DEQ conference or training session that was held at this location. Rooms have always been clean & have never had any issues. For business travel I would get a basic room. The last trip was a short vacation getaway trip for two nights with my wife. We headed to Mt. Pleasant to go to the casino. We were able to get a real nice two room suite (with two person whirlpool tub in the bedroom) for less than half the price of the cheapest room at the casino hotel.

If TA would allow a 1/2 star, I would have rated this place 3 1/2 stars. Since I can't, I gave it 4 stars because it is definitely above average.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback! We always strive for excellence here at the Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites, and we are thrilled that we could do that for you!

We frequently hold conferences and other events here in our Conference Center connected to the hotel. We also offer a 24 hour business center for our corporate traveler, or the opportunity to get work done from the desk in your room with free wireless internet access! Also ask about our whirlpool jacuzzi rooms to get in a relaxing soak after a long day at a conference! We are here for you, to help you with your business endeavors!

Next time you are in town for a quick get-away to the casino, ask about our casino package that includes a FREE upgrade, complimentary shuttle service, Gift Certificates to various restaurants around the area, as well as free play tokens to get you started at the casino!

Thank you again for your feedback- we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Mt. Pleasant!
Frankfort, Michigan
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We are season ticket holders at CMU and have been staying here for the past decade! We enjoy the pool, breakfast and location! My kids look forward to staying here because we can walk over to games. I have noticed that they are ready for another remodel. When I got home all of my clothes smelled like the hotel...with proper mantenience this should not be an issue. I always thought LaBelle mgmt had higher standards...it is disappointing. The prices continue to go up and the quality is going down!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank firedup90
I appreciate the time you took to write about your recent stay, and the fact that you have used our facilities for about ten years! Kids do enjoy our pool and arcade area, and who doesn’t enjoy a good CMU football game? However, I am disappointed that you found our quality not up to our usual standards. Our staff performs weekly preventative maintenance on all our rooms and we pride ourselves on our commitment to our property. Rest assured that your thoughts of renovation are not taken lightly, and we are continually making movements towards bringing you the best and exceeding your expectations next football season!
Manitou Beach, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stay in Comfort Inns fairly often. This one's kind of nice but they don't get the freindly thing. It was obvious that they had recently told the staff they had to be nice and so they would always say good morning but their heart wasn't in it. Seemed mostly like college kids on staff that didn't want to be there (hungover?). Rooms were OK, not great. I think a lot of college kids use this on weekends and probably like to party. you could smell smoke in the halls even though all rooms were supposedly no smoking. I'm not sure what the management can do about it. It will do in a pinch but you might want to be a little further from campus. One good thing is the Attached Bennigens(sp?) restaurant and sports bar. Very decent and no need to drive after you've been drinking. Another good thing, they have a ton of parking in case your pulling a trailer or driving a stake truck or something else hard to park.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
I want to assure you that the issues you encountered during your stay are being address with urgency. This falls far below our standards and will not be taken lightly. All of our rooms are non-smoking, and there is a fine for guests caught breaking that standard. I am happy that you enjoyed the connected Bennigan's Restaurant- they also deliver if you'd rather not leave the comfort of your own hotel room!

Thank you again for your feedback. I assure these issues will be addressed and my hope is that you will give us another chance to WOW you with our improvement!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is my 9th year of staying at this property, and I'm sad to say it is probably my last. The location is convenient, and the staff are basically friendly but unable to resolve issues. The first room I was assigned had air conditioning problems, and the second room had a musty smell (it has a jacuzzi tub in it so that may be the issue).

Furthermore, the satellite TV was apparently out and when I called to report it, the front desk attendant said, "yeah, other people have complained and I'm going to call the support line to see if there is anything else we can do but that is really all i can do."

I was expecting at least a, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."....

I may have my expectations too high, as I rarely stay in these economy-level hotels anymore.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RipplesGuy
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
I appreciate the time that you have committed to this hotel, both by being a guest with us for almost a decade; and by giving your personal feedback about your stay to both our staff and to our future guests.
Unfortunately I cannot reverse the situations of your stay, but what I can do is, through training and management, ensure that our staff is fully efficient to resolve any issues that you may have - quickly, promptly, and with respect.
I will gladly be the one to apologize to you for your inconvenience we caused you, but moreover, I apologize for our lack of guest service and resolution. You have been committed to us for nine years, now we will be committed to you. I hope that you will give us a second chance to “WOW” you during your 10th year with us. Please contact me at (989) 772-4000 ext 308.
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2010

it's always amazing to me that mt. pleasant, with central university in town has so few choices of both motels and restaurants. since this is true, this motel is okay. our room was comfortable, but it had an ordor much like a gym. we should have reported it and that was our bad. the air conditioner was noisy and not consistent. we pulled covers over us only to thow them back off both nights. we were on the first floor and although the halls were quiet, when the people walked above us it sounded like marching. but it was suficiently clean and the front desk friendly to the max. i thought the breakfast was a cont. plus. it had added features beyond a regular cont. breakfast with cold eggs, yummy muffins, waffles, special coffee creamers, etc. the seating area was too small, but that's true about everywhere. it was nice having bennighans right next door and you could walk through to it from the inside. it was nothing spectactular, but i would recommend it for a relatively comfortable short stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emptywallet
Thank you for taking the time to comment upon your stay at our hotel, and for recommending us to others. I am glad you enjoyed our yummy muffins and our breakfast; but I am even happier that you let us know what we could do better during your next stay.
Since we are a 24/7 business we sometimes run the risk of having 24 hour guests, however, our front desk staff is also 24/7 and can assist you with room issues or noise complaints at any time, day or night. In the future feel free to call downstairs to the Desk if you have a request to be moved, as long as we have the availability we will honor this request.
If you would not mind, I would also appreciate it if you could let me know which room our maintenance man can pay special attention to, so that we can resolve the air conditioning unit for our next guest. The number is (989) 772-4000 ext 308.