“FANTASTIC BUT DRESS WARM!”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
leroy
“FANTASTIC BUT DRESS WARM!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our main complaint is the Casino floor & restaurants are sooooo cold! I found it odd Soaring Eagle is so concerned with "saving the planet" as evidenced by signs in rooms encouraging using a minimum of towels & not washing sheets daily, yet the AC in the playing floor & restaurants are cranked so high it truly is uncomfortably freezing, especially considering the majority of patrons are dressed in shorts & light tops. Luckily, we had brought jeans & a jacket. Other that the extreme frigid temps, we were pleasantly surprised to find our room had been upgraded to a jaccuzi room on the 1st floor w/a walk-out patio. When we had originally made our reservation, a non-smoking room was not available. Stephanie told me she would make a notation we preferred a non-smoking room. That she did! Absolutely gorgeous room! My spouse & I were having such a great time, we decided to inquire if a room was available for the following night. Again, we were pleasantly surprised as we received a non-smoking balcony room on the 5th floor. The 1st room was acquired via a free room coupon. The 2nd was acquired via my Heroes Club monthly free room benefit. So probably should not be complaining about the A/C!! Although, as usual, we lose more than we win - we will return. Can't beat the superb customer service!!

Room Tip: If possible, try for a balcony room or a 1st floor patio room.
3 Thank rychrlim
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear rychrlim-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback about our resort, yet again. Feedback like yours helps to know what we need to improve upon and what we need to maintain. In relation to your comments about the resort being cold, I will most definitely let our Facilities team know about this. That is definitely not a comment we hear often, but I will pass it on to them nonetheless. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your rooms while here and also that you encountered superb customer service. Our team members strive to take great care of our guests and it sounds like they did just that for you during your stay. We also want to thank you for your service in our Armed Forces and are pleased that you were able to use your Hero Free Room. This is a great benefit of our Player's Club and I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of it.

bporterfield@sagchip.org

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Hotel-Casino is on par with the hotels in Las Vegas! It is luxurious and has all the amenities. Beautiful adornment with the local Indian treasures. The spa and hotel are first class. The Casino has all the new and exciting slot machines available. Along with all the table games, the restaurants offer a quick bite or an expensive feast. My wife and I love the romantic feel of the whole package.

Room Tip: I like the rooms n the North tower.
1 Thank chevylet55
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear chevylet55-

Knowing that everyone's time is valuable, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. Thank you for the kind comments about comparing us to Las Vegas resorts. We, obviously, strive to maintain high service and attention to detail standards which are often found in the so called hospitality capital of the world. Also, we appreciate your comments about our casino and restaurant options. Having variety is always key to any resort/casino experience in order to accommodate guests with varying wants and needs.

If you happen to make it back to the Soaring Eagle to experience the "whole package" as you put it, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your arrangements. We very much look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I spend 3 nights at SE and had a great time . Our room was on second level , not to much to see out of the window , but it was kept clean and well stocked with amenities .
We 've tried all the restaurants and the steak house was our favorite .
Everyone we've met was helpful and pleasant to deal with . Thank you to all of you .
Would come back in a heart beat .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Popelka84-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and well stocked with amenities. Those are two very important parts of a hotel stay for guests, so we are glad to hear that you found that to be the case. Also, being on the Guest Service training side of the resort, I am very happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant to deal with. Our goal, as always, is to provide top notch guest service.

Taylor
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We just returned from a girls get away with a one night stay at Soaring Eagle.This was my 2nd visit and I would return again.

Pro's -
The hotel and casino are spotless. They receive my highest rating for cleanliness.

Great place for Seniors. I took my mom and she was in a wheel chair and using oxygen. We didn't have any problems navigating throughout the hotel, casino, restaurants or restrooms.

There is a free shuttle that takes you to the smaller casino and bingo hall just across the street. We didn't wait any longer than 5 minutes for a ride.

The Tuesday buffet was buy one get one. Lunch cost $17.95 for one and was decent.I would have been disappointed if we paid full price but the special worked good for us. Legends was good and inexpensive.

The grounds, pools, jacuzzi and lobby were all real nice, clean and comfortable.

Security was visible throughout the entire stay and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Con's
Not enough blackjack tables open and they were allowing people to play 2 & 3 hands for hours. We couldn't get on a table. Disappointing.

The drink servers could't be found in the casino.

The handicap room couldn't fit a wheel chair and smelled too bad from smoke. We requested a different room and they moved us without question.Do not accept a smoking room unless you plan to smoke.

Room Tip: I would not stay in the section of the hotel that is close to the casino floor. The section of the h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Patti S
Dear Patti S-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness of the resort. Our housekeeping team, on both sides, work diligently to maintain high standards of maintaining our property. It is also nice to hear that your interactions with our staff were friendly and helpful. Again, we strive to provide high levels of guest service and attention to detail. Regarding your feelings on the smoke, I completely agree as I am a non-smoker and I cannot stand even the slightest smell of smoke in a hotel room. Our Engineering team is working on the replacing of filters and freshening up of the Resort, so your comments are definitely not going unnoticed.

On behalf of the entire Soaring Eagle team, thanks again for taking the time to review our property. We are always appreciative of all comments, both good and bad. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with any future reservations.

Kirtland, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited Soaring Eagle Resort and Casino July 8-10 on a group bus trip from Ohio. We had a wonderful time -- the buffet, diner, bars, and Isabella's Restaurant were exceptional. Our room was perfect. The resort and casino are well-managed and it shows. The outside areas are great also--lounging area on sundecks, fountains, umbrella tables, just beautiful whether you're just resting, reading, or partying! Everyone we encountered in the hotel, casino, and restaurants was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The hallways and common areas are very clean, personnel vacuuming every day to keep it that way. In the evening we sat around the fire pit outside on the patio area and watched the full moon over the fountains spouting colored lights. The casino has tons of slot games and table games, something for everyone. We stayed in the casino each night until well after midnight and came out ahead! This was one fun and memorable trip--can't wait to return to Soaring Eagle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kirtlandvisitor
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Kirtlandvisitor-

Thanks for your pleasant comments about your recent stay at our property. It was a pleasure to speak with you over the phone earlier this week. We very much look forward to your arrival back to Soaring Eagle at the end of the month! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance prior to your arrival.

Coleman, Michigan
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have stayed here several times on my husband's Veteran's "Heroes" Card. Each time the room was great. They are very clean, nicely stocked with shampoos, soap, etc. along with tea and a coffee maker. The buffet has a lot of great food but is a little expensive, and the Legends Restaurant has a very good breakfast at good prices. Right now a good day to go is Tuesdays, when you have buy one get one buffet free! All of the staff is very nice and helpful, but we've never had a problem that needed to be handled. I really love the beautiful fresh flowers all through the hotel lobby! The outside campfire, the fireplace and the pond with the fountains and colored lights are another nice touch. We already have reservations made for next month!

Dear Pamela M-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, we want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to rate and review our property here on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. It is nice to hear about your comments related to everything from the clean, nicely stocked rooms to your comments about our hotel lobby. We strive to maintain high levels of attention to detail and cleanliness, so it is nice to hear that you pay attention to such things as much as we do. Your comments about our buffet and Isabella's are quite kind, so I will be sure to pass on those comments to our Food and Beverage team. Lastly, I want to extend our thanks for your service in our Armed Service and taking us up on the Hero Card offer. We are very proud of this program and will continue to look for more ways to make this program a valuable part of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

I know that you have already made your next reservation for next month, but please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you in the future if you have any issues along the way. Thanks again for your time in writing a review on our property. We very much look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We requested a non-smoking room but none were available which we said was ok. They said they would have an air filter running (which they did) and I could not tell or smell smoke in the room but I could smell it in the hallway. It was fine, even though we were just there to sleep after making a nice donation to the casino! The room was very nice and the bathroom very very clean with all the goodies on the vaniety. We even had a fireplace. The hotel staff are very proffesional, helpful and courteous. They are several places to eat including a buffet, a pool, spa, and game room for kids all under one roof. Smoking is permitted but it is not a haze of smoke that even a non-smoker could handle. This makes for a nice escape.

Room Tip: check internet first for any specials
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2seniors2travel
Dear 2seniors2travel-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. Our engineering team will very much appreciate your comments about how the smoking room did not have an overpowering smoke odor in it. We are always working diligently on correcting that problem as we know non-smokers sometimes have to check into smoking rooms. Also, I am personally delighted to hear that your encounters with our staff were very professional and courteous. Being the Guest Service Training Manager, my goal is always to assist the team in making sure our guests are taken care which it sounds like that was the case this time for you.

If you happen to make it back to the Soaring Eagle, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your reservation or answering any questions that you might have. Thanks again for your time in writing a review on our property. Our staff is looking forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.