“Fun!”

and 1 more site!
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My girlfriend treated me to a nights stay as a Valentines gift, 2014. We were greeted with very friendly service that continued throughout the hotel/ casino for the duration of our stay. The jacuzzi room was clean and very nice.The only thing nicer than the room was the restaurant Siniikaung. What a wonderful dinner! I would definitely stay there again and recommend the resort to anyone who inquires.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Martin H-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. It is great to hear that you were able to visit us as part of a Valentine's Day celebration! We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and found it to be very clean and nice. The best part about your experience appeared to be your time at Siniikaung Steak and Chop House. I will most definitely pass on your sentiments to our Food and Beverage team, as they will glad to hear that your experience there helped to make your weekend worthwhile. Finally, from a guest service perspective, I am beyond happy that all of the staff that you encountered friendly throughout your entire stay. Our goal, as always, is to provide top notch guest service to all that walk through our doors.

We are delighted that you do enjoy our property, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging that future stay that you had mentioned. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

You walk into the lobby and you are greeted with the ever so gross cigarette smoke. This worried me, however the rooms were not smoky at all. They were very nice and roomy. I have had better beds, but these were certainly comfortable. The pool area is very big and nice. The exercise room is decent, but cramped.
Once you leave the hotel and venture to the meeting rooms, restaurants or casinos you have to be prepared to be greeted with smoke. There is no way to avoid it. Yes they have no smoking areas but smoke travels. I wish I had a good picture of me walking through the no smoking area with the sun shining through and the beams of light picking up the smoke. It was very cool to see but awful to deal with.
Skip the buffet it is not worth the price. Go to the snack bar for the same food and half the price. The little cart by the showroom is good too. The steak house is fabulous. The diner is basically the buffet but plated. The other two I didn't get a chance to eat at.
If the casino is having a special event it gets super crowded. You will be in lines for hours, unless you aren't going to the event and eat when the show is going on.
Overall, I think you could have a very good experience or a very lousy one. It just depends on your priorities. The staff is hit or miss, but be warned house keeping starts at 8am.

Room Tip: Be closer to the casino or you will be walking ten minutes just to get to the hotel lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank travelinglizard2013
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Travelinglizard2013-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that we failed to hit the mark in a few key areas. The stench of smoke through the Resort side is unacceptable and our Engineering team is currently working on a solution to aid the property as a whole. I am a non-smoker myself, so I can certainly see how that would be aggravating and not something you would want to get greeted with as soon as you walk in the doors. It also sounds like you had mixed experiences with our Food & Beverage outlets, thus I apologize for the inconsistencies that occurred. Food should be consistently good, rather than having one place fabulous and another one lacking. I will share your concerns with our Food & Beverage team. The most troubling comment from you is how you felt our service was hit or miss. This is unacceptable as a Four Diamond Resort. My area of expertise is guest service and I will be sure to investigate as to why we fall short in the consistency department.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and visit us again. If you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I went for our anniversary in Jan 2014 staying one night in a Jacuzzi room. The room was wonderful, clean and very nice. Loved the decor. We ate dinner at Isabella's on site. In my opinion the menu is limited but the atmosphere and food was good. We went to the casino looked like it was under construction had large area's blocked off. Overall we had a great time. We received free play for our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We plan to go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ld3272

Dear ld3272-

We greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay while celebrating your anniversary and husband's birthday! I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and that you loved the decor. Our housekeeping team does an excellent job with the upkeep of our rooms and will appreciate your kind words. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the food of Isabella's. Our chefs always like to hear that guests like their food, as you can imagine. I will at least mention, though, that you feel the menu is a bit limited. I cannot speak on their behalf, but they may be trying to keep it simple and not overwhelming for the guests. Nevertheless, I will share your comments.

We are delighted that you are interested in returning to our property in the future, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and Happy Belated Anniversary and Happy Belated Birthday to your husband!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I enjoy getting away for a night or two to this resort. The rooms are always clean and very nice decor. I enjoy the spa and outdoor jacuzzi. My only recent complaint is I noticed the casino made some changes to the valet parking..It takes a lot longer for your vehicle to arrive up front and I noticed the valet workers are now up front by the key booth...I feel the valet workers should be in a booth in the parking garage since I don't wait to wait for my vehicle since my time is valuable , not a smart move on management part. Other than the valet issue I do enjoy this resort.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Sweets7864-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our room atmosphere. Our housekeeping team definitely takes Thanks also for your nice comment about our spa and Outdoor jacuzzi area. Jacuzzis are great to have at our disposal, especially with this extended cold weather that we continue to have. Regarding your valet concerns, I will definitely mention this to our Valet Manager as your concern is definitely legitimate even more so with how cold our weather has been. It is a new car retrieval process, so I am not sure if it is 100% efficient yet as we are still trying to work some of those glitches that occur with any change. In the interest of guest service, we definitely take any suggestions very seriously.

We are delighted that you do enjoy our property, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging a future stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Buffet was bad. Place had a dirty feel to it. Slot machines old. Management and staff not helpful at all. Pull out couch not fit to sleep on. Mattress should have been thrown out. When we called front desk to ask for another roll away was told nothing could be done. Asked for manager was told he was busy and nothing could be done. Had to go down to front desk to get any help. Even then it was done begrudgingly. Looked forward to the prime rib sandwich. Was to die for when we were there before. This time was nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. In the morning maid knocked on the door at 9 am to see when we were leaving. Felt like we were being rushed out. Have done a lot of traveling, never had that before. Check out is 11 am. Will never go back. Not worth the trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 2Cathyk

Dear 2Cathyk-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that it sounds like you did not enjoy your recent stay one bit. Being the Training Manager on the hotel side, I am embarrassed that our staff "begrudgingly" helped you as that is NOT the expectation of our Resort. Our guests' needs should always come first and I will most definitely speak with the Front Office team to let them know of your disappointments. Also, I am disappointed to hear that your experience with the Prime Rib cart was "nothing to write home about." You are correct that it is a very popular sandwich here and I apologize that it did not live up to your previous time eating it. Again, this concern will be mentioned to our Food & Beverage team.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. If you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make up for this stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great weekend. Our package included casino play money, drink coupons and unlimited trips to the buffet. Buffet was smaller than Detroit metro are casinos. Food was good, salads and desserts were better than entrees. Room was clean, nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Carolyn B-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here while taking advantage of our Entertainment Package and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is always nice for the feedback that we receive from our guests, as we take any and all feedback very seriously in order to better the guest experience here at Soaring Casino and Resort. I will be sure to pass on your opinions of your enjoyment of your food at the buffet. The Food and Beverage team is always looking for new ways to enhance the buffet experience, but I will be sure to tell them to leave the salad and dessert section alone since it sounds like you enjoyed it!

Once again, we are thankful that you are enjoyed your recent stay at our property. If you decide to come back soon, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay and I will gladly help out in any way I can. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been staying here with my family since before I could gamble. They have childcare (for a reasonable price) and a kids gaming area. We get the basic room with two queen beds, one bed for each person and the youngest (me) on the floor.

The rooms have plenty of space and the beds are huge. Everything is really clean and the blankets are warm and comfy. You get to control your own temperature in the room too. I sleep with earplugs, but none of my family has ever complained about noise at night. Each room has a safe that you make the code for, an alarm clock, phone, coffee maker and a few other things.

My only complaint is that room service food fees are crazy (I can't compare them to other hotels because I haven't been to any that offer room service but the fees are like 12% there) However, there are plenty of other affordable restaurants in the resort. Overall I give it 5 stars by far.

Room Tip: I have been staying here since before I could gamble and we have never requested a specific area. We...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Stephanie L-
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here while spending some time with your family. It is always nice for the feedback that we receive from our guests, as we take any and all feedback very seriously. I will most certainly let our Food and Beverage team know about your concerns with the service fees charged. It can be a bit frustrating when you expect to pay one thing, but your bill is quite different due to taxes/fees. Despite that, I am glad that you seemed to have a great opinion of our rooms and the amenities contained in them.

Once again, we are thankful that you are enjoyed your recent stay at our property. If you decide to come back soon, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.