You walk into the lobby and you are greeted with the ever so gross cigarette smoke. This worried me, however the rooms were not smoky at all. They were very nice and roomy. I have had better beds, but these were certainly comfortable. The pool area is very big and nice. The exercise room is decent, but cramped.
Once you leave the hotel and venture to the meeting rooms, restaurants or casinos you have to be prepared to be greeted with smoke. There is no way to avoid it. Yes they have no smoking areas but smoke travels. I wish I had a good picture of me walking through the no smoking area with the sun shining through and the beams of light picking up the smoke. It was very cool to see but awful to deal with.
Skip the buffet it is not worth the price. Go to the snack bar for the same food and half the price. The little cart by the showroom is good too. The steak house is fabulous. The diner is basically the buffet but plated. The other two I didn't get a chance to eat at.
If the casino is having a special event it gets super crowded. You will be in lines for hours, unless you aren't going to the event and eat when the show is going on.
Overall, I think you could have a very good experience or a very lousy one. It just depends on your priorities. The staff is hit or miss, but be warned house keeping starts at 8am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort is the Midwest's premier gaming and hospitality destination offering top-name entertainment year-round, award-winning dining, high stakes bingo and a full-service spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soaring Eagle Casino And Resort
- Soaring Eagle Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Soaring Eagle Resort