“Anniversary Celebration”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Anniversary Celebration”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I went for our anniversary in Jan 2014 staying one night in a Jacuzzi room. The room was wonderful, clean and very nice. Loved the decor. We ate dinner at Isabella's on site. In my opinion the menu is limited but the atmosphere and food was good. We went to the casino looked like it was under construction had large area's blocked off. Overall we had a great time. We received free play for our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We plan to go again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ld3272
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear ld3272-

We greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay while celebrating your anniversary and husband's birthday! I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and that you loved the decor. Our housekeeping team does an excellent job with the upkeep of our rooms and will appreciate your kind words. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the food of Isabella's. Our chefs always like to hear that guests like their food, as you can imagine. I will at least mention, though, that you feel the menu is a bit limited. I cannot speak on their behalf, but they may be trying to keep it simple and not overwhelming for the guests. Nevertheless, I will share your comments.

We are delighted that you are interested in returning to our property in the future, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and Happy Belated Anniversary and Happy Belated Birthday to your husband!

bporterfield@sagchip.org

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Owendale, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I enjoy getting away for a night or two to this resort. The rooms are always clean and very nice decor. I enjoy the spa and outdoor jacuzzi. My only recent complaint is I noticed the casino made some changes to the valet parking..It takes a lot longer for your vehicle to arrive up front and I noticed the valet workers are now up front by the key booth...I feel the valet workers should be in a booth in the parking garage since I don't wait to wait for my vehicle since my time is valuable , not a smart move on management part. Other than the valet issue I do enjoy this resort.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Sweets7864-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our room atmosphere. Our housekeeping team definitely takes Thanks also for your nice comment about our spa and Outdoor jacuzzi area. Jacuzzis are great to have at our disposal, especially with this extended cold weather that we continue to have. Regarding your valet concerns, I will definitely mention this to our Valet Manager as your concern is definitely legitimate even more so with how cold our weather has been. It is a new car retrieval process, so I am not sure if it is 100% efficient yet as we are still trying to work some of those glitches that occur with any change. In the interest of guest service, we definitely take any suggestions very seriously.

We are delighted that you do enjoy our property, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging a future stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Buffet was bad. Place had a dirty feel to it. Slot machines old. Management and staff not helpful at all. Pull out couch not fit to sleep on. Mattress should have been thrown out. When we called front desk to ask for another roll away was told nothing could be done. Asked for manager was told he was busy and nothing could be done. Had to go down to front desk to get any help. Even then it was done begrudgingly. Looked forward to the prime rib sandwich. Was to die for when we were there before. This time was nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. In the morning maid knocked on the door at 9 am to see when we were leaving. Felt like we were being rushed out. Have done a lot of traveling, never had that before. Check out is 11 am. Will never go back. Not worth the trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 2Cathyk
Dear 2Cathyk-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that it sounds like you did not enjoy your recent stay one bit. Being the Training Manager on the hotel side, I am embarrassed that our staff "begrudgingly" helped you as that is NOT the expectation of our Resort. Our guests' needs should always come first and I will most definitely speak with the Front Office team to let them know of your disappointments. Also, I am disappointed to hear that your experience with the Prime Rib cart was "nothing to write home about." You are correct that it is a very popular sandwich here and I apologize that it did not live up to your previous time eating it. Again, this concern will be mentioned to our Food & Beverage team.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. If you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make up for this stay.

Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great weekend. Our package included casino play money, drink coupons and unlimited trips to the buffet. Buffet was smaller than Detroit metro are casinos. Food was good, salads and desserts were better than entrees. Room was clean, nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed. Good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Carolyn B-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here while taking advantage of our Entertainment Package and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is always nice for the feedback that we receive from our guests, as we take any and all feedback very seriously in order to better the guest experience here at Soaring Casino and Resort. I will be sure to pass on your opinions of your enjoyment of your food at the buffet. The Food and Beverage team is always looking for new ways to enhance the buffet experience, but I will be sure to tell them to leave the salad and dessert section alone since it sounds like you enjoyed it!

Once again, we are thankful that you are enjoyed your recent stay at our property. If you decide to come back soon, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay and I will gladly help out in any way I can. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Vassar, Michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been staying here with my family since before I could gamble. They have childcare (for a reasonable price) and a kids gaming area. We get the basic room with two queen beds, one bed for each person and the youngest (me) on the floor.

The rooms have plenty of space and the beds are huge. Everything is really clean and the blankets are warm and comfy. You get to control your own temperature in the room too. I sleep with earplugs, but none of my family has ever complained about noise at night. Each room has a safe that you make the code for, an alarm clock, phone, coffee maker and a few other things.

My only complaint is that room service food fees are crazy (I can't compare them to other hotels because I haven't been to any that offer room service but the fees are like 12% there) However, there are plenty of other affordable restaurants in the resort. Overall I give it 5 stars by far.

Room Tip: I have been staying here since before I could gamble and we have never requested a specific area. We...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Stephanie L-
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here while spending some time with your family. It is always nice for the feedback that we receive from our guests, as we take any and all feedback very seriously. I will most certainly let our Food and Beverage team know about your concerns with the service fees charged. It can be a bit frustrating when you expect to pay one thing, but your bill is quite different due to taxes/fees. Despite that, I am glad that you seemed to have a great opinion of our rooms and the amenities contained in them.

Once again, we are thankful that you are enjoyed your recent stay at our property. If you decide to come back soon, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.

Michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Soaring Eagle on Valentines Day with the Getaway Package which included a Jacuzzi room, spa credits, dinner credits, playing credits, drink credits and a gas card.
Our room was very spacious and the hot tub inside was big enough for 6 people even though it was just the two of us. The rest of the room and bathroom areas were also nice, the only complaint was the springy/hard bed that was hard to get comfortable on. We went down to the spa for massages we had booked with our spa credits and it was very luxurious. Robes to wear, a very clean changing room with a steam room, refreshments and a lovely waiting area. The massages were a little light for our tastes, but the staff was very friendly. After getting cleaned up, we went down to eat dinner first, and because the Price is Right live stage show was occurring that night and the next day, there were thousands of more people there than there usually would be. Lines for everything in the resort were very long, but seemed to move somewhat steadily. The buffet dinner was ok, nothing over the top but due to the crowds it was a little rushed. The casino was equally crowded, but we stuck it out to get on a $5 blackjack table and had some luck. We walked away in the black and stayed in the casino for about 3 hours or so. We used our freeplay on the slots and lost it all, but the slots were hard to come by with all the crowds. Overall, the resort was nice for my first time visiting and I would come back, probably on a much less crowded day so that we could explore it more and utilize the other amenities.

Room Tip: Our room was on the South end of the hotel, closer to the casino, but it was very quiet at night and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brittany R-

First off, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your first Casino trip recently while at our property! I am glad to hear that it sounds like you had the total experience by taking advantage of our Getaway Package. That package is definitely one that has a little bit of everything and gives you an encompassing view of our Resort. We are more than happy to hear that you had great interactions with our staff at the Spa and also enjoyed the room and its amenities. Our goal, as always, is to provide top notch service and I am glad that you seem to be impressed with our staff despite how busy we were.

We are delighted that you are interested in returning to our property in the future, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for taking the time to rate our property.

Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Enjoyed our 2 day stay enjoyed myself with the family can't wait to come back. Cane for the price is right game that was ok but loved the gaming and pool area. Met a lot of friendly people and ate really great food it was busy but it was a nice vacation for me and the family we all enjoyed ourselves. Girls nite coming real soon. Thank you soaring eagle and resort

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank mrskeenan2014
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear mrskeenan2014-
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here during the Price is Right/Valentine's Day weekend! I am glad to hear that you met some great people and hopefully some of them were part of the Soaring Eagle staff. Thanks also for your nice comment about the gaming and pool areas. I wish every pool could be as warm as ours!

We are delighted that you are interested in returning to our property in the future, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property.