“great spot!”

Mountain Town Station
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: A family-owned, community focused steakhouse and brewpub with an emphasis on original Chef-created recipes, hand crafted microbrews, and exceptional guest-focused service.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Mount Pleasant. Great food, great beer, great atmosphere. Highly recommended for a night out.

Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your review, Ashley!

We will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I eat at this restaurant for the first and last time on Saturday evening April 19. There were nine people in our party and we had gathered to eat dinner together before attending Easter Vigil Mass. We had made a reservation but when we arrived they did have a table for us. They moved two tables together and the nine of us eat in a space meant for eight. The food was mediocre, the server was surly, and the service slow. When I complained about the automatic eighteen percent gratuity I was told I could complete one of there complaint cards.

Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. We prefer to hear about problems while our guests are on-site (we don't want anyone to leave unhappy!), so asking for a manager is highly suggested if there are any problems at all.

The gratuity charge is there to protect our servers - waitstaff throughout Michigan make only $2.65 an hour, so they do depend on tips. It only applies to parties of 8 or more, as they do spend a significant amount of time on their larger parties.

I am pleased to hear we had a table for you, though, as we generally only take reservations for parties of 12 or larger on weekend nights. It was Alma graduation, so we did have a rather high volume night, and we do everything we can to make sure we can seat people as quickly as possible.

The comment card suggestion was completely valid - we go over every comment card weekly, and revise our operation based on what our guests like or dislike.

I would like some more information - could you let us know who your server was? Why the food was mediocre? This is the knowledge we need in order to refine our business to better serve our guests.

Once again, I am truly sorry your stay with us was not up to par. Thank you for coming in and giving us a chance. I'm just sorry we didn't live up to your (or our) expectations.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

their wild mushroom bisque is really good loaded with mushrooms and nice and creamy sandwiches are real good along with their appetizers.

Our Mushroom bisque is our signature soup, and purely made from scratch. We are truly glad you enjoy it!

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a visitor to the Mt. Pleasant area and wanted a place with local flare and charm. Mountain town station was exactly that. This restaurant is also a micro brewery. I had the pilsner and my colleague had the red ale both were excellent! I made the comment to my colleague that I need to move here in order to have another cow catcher ale. The wait staff was friendly, the location perfect as it sits right on the river which is in view from the window. The menu has a a few signature dishes and we each ordered one. We ended up having to share each dish because they were both so good. We wanted good food at a reasonable price with a pub feel but if someone wanted more of a fine dining experience, Camiles on the river is owned by the same owner. If someone wanted to visit CMU, I would recommend Mountain Town Station to provide the local charm that embodies Mt. Pleasant.

Thanks for making the trip! We do consider ourselves to be part of the local flare and it's great to hear someone else confirm it.

I hope you stopped in our wine room and grabbed a six pack to go if you enjoyed our beer that much - we have a selection of options and it's mix and match for only $9.99.

I was trying to find a distributor near you (which is why it's taken so long to respond to your review), but at the moment the closet state we have branched into is in Indiana. You can keep an eye on Mountain Town Brewing Company's web page to see where our beer is located. Our hope is to spread into Ohio soon, but we do not have an ETA, yet.

Again, thank you for coming in! Come back by anytime if you make it back to our area!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Love to get together with friends just for a few drinks and dinner. Very friendly staff. We are there about 3 to 4 times a month. In the summer the patio is the place to be with a bottle of wine and sun.

Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for the review!

Our current date to open our patio is May 12th. We can seat you earlier, but it's kind of cold out there ;)

We'll see you soon!