“A local standard with a good basic menu”

Mountain Town Station
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: A family-owned, community focused steakhouse and brewpub with an emphasis on original Chef-created recipes, hand crafted microbrews, and exceptional guest-focused service.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

In a town of few good restaurants, we find ourselves returning to Mountain Town a lot. Try to take advantage of the various specials throughout the week, such as Pint Night. Food is average and generally consistent. Prices are getting a bit high for the food and ambience, though. May have to look for a replacement. Good, general restaurant. Some decent microbrews....Some really bad microbrews. Give this place a C+.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I never went here when I was a student, but we've eaten here the last couple times our family visited. Both times the food has been top notch. They might have the best ribs I've eaten. My wife and i shared a full rack and an order of brisket.mthe sweet potatoes were excellent and we had more food than we could eat. We gave some to our friends. Like most breweries, the beer is hit and miss. And last time it was o.k., but this time I had a winter seasonal that I enjoyed very much.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have been going to MTS for over 20 years at least twice a year and have never been disappointed......Good Food and Great Beer in a super atmosphere for a couple, group or party.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I wanted to wait to write a review after I had visited a few times. This restaurant has one of the best atmospheres in town and in that respect makes it great. However, I have not been impressed with the food. Maybe it has been the variety of food I have ordered, but I have not been impressed. Its not that the food is terrible, it is just bland and uneventful which is truly disappointing when considering my high expectations for the place. The prices are fairly average for this type of establishment, maybe a little high especially when considering the value. As far as service, once again it wasn't bad but still nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary. All in all, this place could be exceptional, but comes up short. Your experience here wont be terrible but it also wont be anything spectacular.

1  Thank GVictorian
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My mom and I ate here for dinner based off of these reviews and a recommendation from the front desk staff at our hotel. I could not be more disappointed. I had coconut shrimp and wild rice. The shrimp came out sitting in a large dish of sweet and sour sauce. The flavor of the shrimp was ok, but I would like to have controlled the amount of sauce I did or did not use. The wild rice was mushy and flavorless. The dish also desperately needed a vegetable. My mom had chicken fajitas. While she said the actual flavor was "good", the peppers and onions were beyond overcooked and the chicken was burnt. The service was awful. The server had no personality and knew absolutely nothing about the menu. I was very disappointed in this restaurant.

1  Thank CabbieBaby
Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We are very sorry for your poor experience here. Most of the time we get it right, as shown by the majority of our reviews, but being high volume, we do occasionally not live up to expectations - either ours or our guests.

We do prefer that when there is a complaint, it is voiced while you are here, so that we can try and correct our mistakes on the spot. We want you to have the best dining possible, and will work to make that happen every time as long as it is brought to our attention. I will be contacting you privately to try and make this up to you and your mother.

Reviews like this help refine what we can do better help us perfect our business to better serve our guests. Our menu should specify that our coconut shrimp is served in sauce, rather than just 'with.' This has been corrected on our website's menu and will be corrected on our next in-house menu revision. Thank you for your input.