“A Great "Discovery"”

The Brass Cafe and Saloon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“A Great "Discovery"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Over the years visiting our son in Mt. Pleasant, I truly believe that this is the only restaurant in town that we had not tried up until this weekend, mainly because the downtown area is generally "off our radar" when going out to eat. Also, having "Saloon" as part of its name probably made us dismiss it as some sort of downtown bar for locals. As a result, we've eaten mostly in the various chain restaurants on Mission Street or Pickard.

So this was a great discovery made only by finally consulting TripAdvisor for someplace new to go, and being within walking distance of our son's place made it even more attractive. We were there for lunch on a Saturday and found it to be a very quiet and classy place with excellent, professional service and a reasonable menu of "original" items. We each had something different of the soup-and-sandwich or salad-and-sandwich variety and were all quite pleased with our choices. The prices were in line with the quality of the establishment and food.

We will certainly be returning here some time in the future!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Doug G

Brighton, Michigan
“What an excellent meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

For a small northern college town, what an excellent surprise the Brass Lounge was! I've tried coming here my past couple of visits, but could never make the timing work. I finally had the opportunity to go, and I am very glad I did!!

Myself and a colleague went here on a Tuesday night. Classes at the college were done, so as expected, there wasn't much of a crowd. We were seated right away, and had very competent, and had very friendly, competent service from the waitstaff.

The menu as definitely very unique, with a great variety of very tasting sounding dishes. The night we were there, they did have a "build your own burger" special, which sounded great...but I was there for the menu! (Although some of the burgers brought to other tables were big and looked good). And, the wine list was superb!!

I ended up getting an ahi tuna dish, with a red and sweet potato soup as an appetizer. The soup was absolutely delicious. The tuna was also cooked to perfection...seared on the outside, with a medium rare center.

Overall, the meal was absolutely fantastic. I actually planning on specifically detouring the next time going up to northern michigan specifically to eat here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Matt S
Indiana
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We thought this was a real treat and can't wait to go back! The dining room and bar have a real attractive look, and the booths and furnishings are comfortable and inviting. The food was spectacular. Great variety for all types of tastes. I look forward to our next visit!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank onthego802
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for a lunch date.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

First of all I really enjoyed the elegance and history inside the building. When I first walked in I felt like I was somewhere else in time and the atmosphere was inviting. Quiet and the lights were dimmed with candles lit on tables. I really enjoyed the opportunity to go on a date with my husband, we don't get to do that often and we had a great conversation over lunch. The meal was great as well, I had the salmon salad and I will be coming back for that. We split a turkey crescent and the crescent was the best I've ever tasted. I asked the waitress where they came from and was pleased to hear they were from a local bakery. I've thought of The Brass the last few days as well. A great place to connect, get away and enjoy company over great food. The price was not overly shocking. Competitive with other area restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michiganbeauty
Mt Pleasant
“Too many burnt offerings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

While my sandwich at lunch was good, another purchased by my lunch partner was served on A burnt, rather than grilled, bun. Wait staff simply ignored this and made no offer to right the situation. This has happened to us before with take-out orders. I think we have finally learned our lesson.

• Visited March 2014