“Great Staff!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Mt Pleasant, MI
“Great Staff!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Went to the "Brass" Wednesday night for trivia night. Todd the Bartender was a blast, very helpful, so professional! He made my first visit a memorable one. The food was great as well. I'll definitely be back.

Midland, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Splendid dining experience that exceeded expectations”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Myself and a group of friends were staying at the Soaring Eagle casino and resort. After losing our money, and the hotel food lost its taste, I googled Mount Pleasant restaurants and the Brass Cafe Saloon was one that came suggested on trip advisor. The group was somewhat skeptical that something so great, at the price it was listed, could come out of Mount Pleasant. But we were proved very wrong.

From the hostess, to the server, to the food, and of course to the owners -- cheers. It was truly superb. The hostess was lovely, I loved her accent. Our server Jake was truly one of a kind. Very charismatic and had a smile on his face every time he arrived at our table, and made the group feel very welcome. The food was AMAZING - I had the scallop risotto. Also, the owners make an effort to greet each of its guest. Congratulations on running a wonderful restaurant.

Next time I am in town I will be stopping in at the brass.

-Kevin

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kevin B
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Snobbery at its best.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went in for lunch. The food was expensive. The service was slow. The menu listed gormet items that most people would not eat including me. I liked the idea of live music.

• Visited July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude bartender put a damper on an otherwise wonderful experience.”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I came to Mt. pleasant on business through Central Michigan University last weekend, and at the recommendation of colleagues, went to The Brass Cafe for dinner. I sat at the bar to unwind after a long day of conferences. It started off very well, but things turned sour quite quickly. The bartender clearly was not enjoying his bar tending duties, because repeatedly I heard comments of him "wanting to kill himself." He was not afraid of letting everyone at the bar know how unhappy he was. I tried to get drinks refilled, but the majority of the time he was no where to be found. I heard him repeatedly snap at the waitresses who were waiting for drinks, which I found extremely distasteful. It was very unfortunate for his behavior, because it ruined an otherwise wonderful meal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Food4thought44
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Wait staff is superb!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Brass' wait staff is consistently superb, Megan dotes on her diners, making us feel so special! The food is reliably delicious and fresh. Lunch at the Brass is always a TREAT!

• Visited November 2013