Tripadvisor

Hunter's Ale House
Ranked #34 of 164 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Must aim to hire inexperienced servers, I have never once received good service when coming here. The food is decent, drinks are strong, but I think they must specifically hire people who have never served before

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (43)

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

We went to Hunter's Alehouse middle of the week. It was a very slow night for them and not crowded at all. Our server, Eric, was great! He was quick to make suggestions and give his opinion about the best beer and food. The fish tacos were very good! Their fish and chips was average. They just seemed slightly over priced for the food received. All in all, not a bad experience. I think the atmosphere on the weekends is probably better.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

We live in Mt. Pleasant and have been to Hunters on several occasions. The food prices are outrageous for the servings and quality you get. Would not recommend for dinner at all. We had the “Super” salad what a joke it had one cucumber since on it cut in four scarce tomatoes and maybe a quarter of a chicken breast for 14.99 no thanks

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019

We came in the afternoon during an off time after lunch but before dinner. We were seated right away. We ordered a Starcut ciders Octorock and Hunters Handmade Cologne both were good. The waitress grabbed the drink menu right from us as she set them down, like we were an annoyance and didn't want us to have more than one drink each. We ended up asking for it back since we were because we were planning on taking our time as we had time before meeting up with a friend. We ordered loaded fries to share, what came out at first was an order of steak fries. The waitress argued about what ordered, but finally agreed to fix it. We waited about 10 minutes and ordered a meathead pizza, thin crust. The pizza came out before the fries, which had been ordered before the pizza by 10 minutes. The pizza was greasy, but ok, and cut into very small pieces. You think you are getting more fries than you actually are for the loaded fries, because they are all sticking up out of the top of a metal container, they don't actually go in it because the paper holds them up. My boyfriend finished up with another drink, a hunters handmade honey tosser, that was the best of the drinks. As for the decor I'm not sure how it goes with the name Hunters as it is a nautical theme. in some areas, I'm not sure what to to call it as it included trellises inside. When we finally got the bill about 20 minutes after asking for it, I tried to pay with a credit card, the waitress told me that they didn't take credit cards, if I would have known this I would have went someplace else to eat as I barely had enough cash to pay for the meal as I don't normally carry cash. This was our 2nd time here and hoped the service would have improved after 3 years, but it hadn't. I will not be back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Went to this brewery+restaurant based on 3 people at hotel recommending it over another place. They were RIGHT! The place is nice, food was very good, beers were great, our server was Emily who is FANTASTIC! Had a few items not updated on the menu, but overall we will certainly be going back for more!

Date of visit: January 2019