“Nice waterpark!”

Soaring Eagle Waterpark
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This waterpark is not as big as Great Wolf Lodge, my kids favorite, but it's not as yucky as some of the smaller, hotel based ones out there. My son is a bit shy of the the 52" required to ride the big slides, even with an adult, so he wasn't happy, but there was plenty of other stuff to do. This waterpark seems to be more action oriented than great wolf....there's a climbing wall, a surfing attraction. It is very clean and well kept. We grabbed a King Suite, so there were two rooms, with a bar/kitchenette, a pull out sofa and a huge bathroom. Loved it, well worth the extra $50 bucks we paid for it. They have a "story time" similar to great wolf, where they go listen to an animated native american elderly woman tell stories (my kids were bummed they missed it). It's not as chaotic as great wolf either maybe, with everyone running around in the hallways playing magi-quest...they don't have that. But that's maybe a good thing....my kids always want to play and I'm going broke! lots of places to eat around there, so you don't have to choose the buffet or dining options on site. Checkout was at 11, but you can usually get a 12 checkout at no extra charge, or a 1:00 check out for $20 more. We had a great time and will def. go back. This was a clean, lovely property. My kids loved it.

5  Thank kariejeanne

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall, this was a great stay. Check in was a breeze. The room was nice and clean. All areas of the hotel looked to be kept up and cleaned regularly. The water park was the perfect size and wasnt too crowded, especially considering it was the weekend. We requested a few extra towels and coffee packs for the next day from housekeeping and it was in the room waiting when we returned from the pool. Some of the rooms in our hall were "overly-crowded", by this I mean, the room next to us had about 6 kids sleeping in it. A little over the max, considering it was a 2-queen bed room. They were loud, but not the hotels fault.

My only complaint would be the breakfast buffet for $11, it didnt have much and wasnt worth the price. I could have gotten everything I actually ate off of the buffet from the menu for cheaper. Definitely look, before you order the buffet.
Dinner was great- we got it delivered from the restaurant to our room. Very yummy!

We were able to get a late check out at 1pm for an extra $20 which I though was worth every penny. Apparently they were all "out" of the free ones they give out for check outs at noon.

Overall, great stay and we will definitely be back!

1  Thank mamaof1
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I (ages 22 & 26) went here for Memorial Day. We decided on it because the weather wasn't good enough yet to go to a beach or do anything else outdoors. Also, the price was very good. They've lowered their prices drastically since first opening, so, it's $12.50/person for a half day (5 hours) or $17.50/person for a full day from open to close. For us, 5 hours was more than enough time to spend at the water park so we purchased the half day passes. The facility is very modern and clean, and I personally enjoyed that they incorporated the Ojibwe language with everything at the park/hotel. I was worried that there wouldn't be much for us to do at our age, but that turned out not to be true. Both of the water slides are very fun (and fast!) and that was the ride we went on the most. It's nice floating into the little river that takes you back around again. We also tried out the FlowRider, which isn't for little kids. It's fun but it only lasts a few seconds if you are inexperienced, especially if you try to surf. The hot tub was great, and it was in between the rock climbing pool (which we didn't try, but will next time) and the pool with a basketball hoop. We stopped into the eatery, which wasn't too badly priced for a waterpark. I got a slice of pizza, which was actually two pieces, and my boyfriend got a Caribbean jerk chicken wrap with french fries. The total was $13. The food was really good. The only suggestions I have for the water park is that I think the staff should do run-thrus of the locker rooms more often; people tend to leave towels all over the place and little kids make a disaster of the restrooms. I also wish there was a deeper pool to just swim in. Nothing major! We'll definitely be going back. The price is great and it's only 45 minutes from where we live.

2  Thank srmiddle
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to say, I am very disappointed with my overall experience here. Let's just say the walls aren't thick enough to mask unruly behavior of other guests at the hotel. This not only kept my 2 ten year old children awake, it also woke my sleeping 9 month old up well after 12:45am. While this particular issue is not a fault of the hotel, it dampened my enthusiasm for our over night stay.
As far as the rooms are concerned, they are decently sized and comfortable...
Regarding the park: I found myself disappointed. There really is not anything for babies who aren't walking to do. At Splash Village in Frankenmuth, there were baby carriers in the water and tiny splash pools. Here, there is a nice little section to accommodate toddlers. My children seemed to really enjoy themselves, so, for that I am grateful...I would have appreciated warmer air and water temps. My baby was very cold even in the water and so was I. On the plus side, the staff was very kind and helpful and seemed attentive and watchful. I really appreciated seeing them care about their job, even at 9pm.
I also appreciated the staff at the front desk. They contacted the two rooms who were being loud and asked them to quiet down. It is 1:16am and things have finally died down. Sigh.
My recommendation? If you want to enjoy a water park experience, sure, check this place out, but plan on a half day and don't stay. Save your pennies for another night's stay else where.

1  Thank JeffruTravels
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way home from skiing at Boyne Mountain as Avalanche Bay wasn't open until 4p. We found Soaring Eagle Waterpark on the web and decided to stop. It was very clean with a good mix of attractions to keep both my 13 y-o boy and 7 y-o girl busy. The only bummer was that my 7 y-o was an inch shy of being able to ride the big slides and climb the water rock wall and the lifeguards were sticklers. We all got to ride the FlowRider which was pretty cool the lifeguards were nice, the pool and changing areas were extremely clean and the showers were hot and stocked with soap (loved that!!). We'd definitely stop back and maybe even stay the night next time

1  Thank Deezingaround