“Really fun!”

Beaverton, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really fun!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I (ages 22 & 26) went here for Memorial Day. We decided on it because the weather wasn't good enough yet to go to a beach or do anything else outdoors. Also, the price was very good. They've lowered their prices drastically since first opening, so, it's $12.50/person for a half day (5 hours) or $17.50/person for a full day from open to close. For us, 5 hours was more than enough time to spend at the water park so we purchased the half day passes. The facility is very modern and clean, and I personally enjoyed that they incorporated the Ojibwe language with everything at the park/hotel. I was worried that there wouldn't be much for us to do at our age, but that turned out not to be true. Both of the water slides are very fun (and fast!) and that was the ride we went on the most. It's nice floating into the little river that takes you back around again. We also tried out the FlowRider, which isn't for little kids. It's fun but it only lasts a few seconds if you are inexperienced, especially if you try to surf. The hot tub was great, and it was in between the rock climbing pool (which we didn't try, but will next time) and the pool with a basketball hoop. We stopped into the eatery, which wasn't too badly priced for a waterpark. I got a slice of pizza, which was actually two pieces, and my boyfriend got a Caribbean jerk chicken wrap with french fries. The total was $13. The food was really good. The only suggestions I have for the water park is that I think the staff should do run-thrus of the locker rooms more often; people tend to leave towels all over the place and little kids make a disaster of the restrooms. I also wish there was a deeper pool to just swim in. Nothing major! We'll definitely be going back. The price is great and it's only 45 minutes from where we live.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank srmiddle

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Noisy neighbors”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to say, I am very disappointed with my overall experience here. Let's just say the walls aren't thick enough to mask unruly behavior of other guests at the hotel. This not only kept my 2 ten year old children awake, it also woke my sleeping 9 month old up well after 12:45am. While this particular issue is not a fault of the hotel, it dampened my enthusiasm for our over night stay.
As far as the rooms are concerned, they are decently sized and comfortable...
Regarding the park: I found myself disappointed. There really is not anything for babies who aren't walking to do. At Splash Village in Frankenmuth, there were baby carriers in the water and tiny splash pools. Here, there is a nice little section to accommodate toddlers. My children seemed to really enjoy themselves, so, for that I am grateful...I would have appreciated warmer air and water temps. My baby was very cold even in the water and so was I. On the plus side, the staff was very kind and helpful and seemed attentive and watchful. I really appreciated seeing them care about their job, even at 9pm.
I also appreciated the staff at the front desk. They contacted the two rooms who were being loud and asked them to quiet down. It is 1:16am and things have finally died down. Sigh.
My recommendation? If you want to enjoy a water park experience, sure, check this place out, but plan on a half day and don't stay. Save your pennies for another night's stay else where.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JeffruTravels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice waterpark”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way home from skiing at Boyne Mountain as Avalanche Bay wasn't open until 4p. We found Soaring Eagle Waterpark on the web and decided to stop. It was very clean with a good mix of attractions to keep both my 13 y-o boy and 7 y-o girl busy. The only bummer was that my 7 y-o was an inch shy of being able to ride the big slides and climb the water rock wall and the lifeguards were sticklers. We all got to ride the FlowRider which was pretty cool the lifeguards were nice, the pool and changing areas were extremely clean and the showers were hot and stocked with soap (loved that!!). We'd definitely stop back and maybe even stay the night next time

1 Thank Deezingaround
Reading mi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a great time! The park was clean, we'll managed. It was a perfect size for my two granddaughters aged 6 and 4. The hotel room was nice and we all slept well. About the only negative was the robotic storyteller. Her location made her impossible to hear the story, too much competing noise from tv, passing guests, etc. other than that it was great. We are planning a return visit.

Visited February 2013
Midland, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“water park and hotel”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This water park is great for kids 13 and under, older kids will be bored after 2 hours. I was disappointed with the size of the lazy river it was a very short loop. The slides we fun but if anyone has claustrophobia this is not the slide for them. The water temperature was on the cool side and the water had a lot of chlorine that was very irritating to the skin. There was not enough lounge chairs so when taking a break you had to stand. The towels they offered were on the small size and very rough feeling.The hotel was a huge disappointment. Check in was at 4:00pm. By the time you check in then unload your belongings, it is close to dinner time.The water park closes at 9:00pm which leaves very little time the first day. Check out time is 11:00am so to take advantage of the water park you will need to load your car and check out then get a locker. We saw a lot of families just leaving in the morning not bothering with the water park. The walls are so thin that you hear everything in the next rooms and the hallway traffic. We were on the second floor and had to repeatedly call the front desk to ask them to call the room above us to ask them to stop jumping. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and was very disappointed. I have had better at hotels that offer free breakfast. The food was bland and cold and certainly over priced adults 10.95 and kids 5.95. The buffet line had food spilled all over. I would not recommend this water park and hotel. For a place that is aimed at families it is not price friendly for families.

Visited February 2013