“Nice Dining Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Isabella's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here twice in the past month and came away satisfied in all aspects both times. We were seated promptly, the atmosphere was very pleasant, the service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Each time My wife had the grilled tenderloin of beef and I had the New York strip steak Toscano and we were both very satisfied with our meals. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David M

Monroe, Michigan
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our experience was exactly the same as the review titled "Where's the chef?.. The only difference was that there were only two of us. We had to wait 20 minutes for a table because we had no reservations, even though there was no line and plenty of empty tables, and no one came in after we put our name in.
Service was as bad as I've had anywhere. The food was just not tasty or appealing. I agree-the only good thing we ate was the bread, and not because that was anything special, just better than the food. We were looking forward to a nice meal during our mini-vacation. Our meals at Big Boys, and Cracker Barrel were far superior in taste, preparation, and service. (That's SAD!)
I take it from the other reviewers that this restaurant does do a good breakfast. Our experience with the dinner was so disappointing that I would not even give it a second chance.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stevemarvin
Lafayette, Indiana
“Solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I ate here without meal vouchers and it was still a good experience. It's simple Italian food and the prices are maybe a little high, but everything was tasty (spaghetti and meatballs for me, chef's choice risotto for the misses).

Visited June 2013
“Where's the chef?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead and made reservations for 12 and our table was ready on time. And there the good service ended. We waited for twenty minutes to order. And then the food was subpar. Those that ordered classic spaghetti said the noodles were well over cooked. All other dishes were just bland and our friends agreed that Olive Garden is way better (and I had agree even though I don't care for chains). One of our friends even sent the Grilled Shrimp Caprese back; there was absolutely no flavor (where was the basil?) and the shrimp was rubbery and tasted like bacon?! The Chicken Gnocchi soup was a bit too salty and the chicken parm left you wanting. The only food that was good was the bread. And the service was lacking to say the least; taking longer than 10 minutes to get drinks and our server was MIA when refills were in need. Don't waste your time, money, or taste buds.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank japner
Vicksburg, Michigan
“Great Breakfast menue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We only had breakfast here but the menu had a wide variety to choose from. There was dry cereal, Griddle choices, Omelets; I had the steak and mushroom yum, traditional breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast. The service was friendly and prompt, my coffee cup was never empty and either was the water glasses. The price was not as high as you would expect for a resort so that was a wonderful surprise.

Visited April 2013