“Very good food and service!”
Review of Italian Oven

Italian Oven
Ranked #18 of 146 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very good food and service!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation of a running partner, as I was in town running a 1/2-marathon.

Service was quick, and I received my salad and appetizer very quickly. Had the waitress box the appetizer (the bread) immediately because it was a big as a 12 inch pizza...and I was eating alone!

The spaghetti was excellent - I ordered a small portion, The red roasted peppers went very well with my Mariana sauce. I expected a little more spaghetti based on the size of the appetizer and salad, which is the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5.

I would visit the Italian Oven again.

• Visited March 2014

“Family with two teens”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Good service and comfortable atmosphere. Nice selection of Italian food. We almost went to a national chain, but enjoyed trying a local place. My only complaint was the price. We stopped for lunch and I feel we paid too much for what we received.

Visited March 2014
Farmington, MI
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wanted Italian but didn't want to go to the national chain down the street. Service was average - took the server a long time to get to the table. The Italian wedding soup was really poor - looked like they took canned chicken broth and added some pasta and a few meatballs - no taste whatsoever. The chicken parmesan was over-breaded and overcooked. Tried the pizza fritas for dessert - a huge portion but they were so tough I couldn't eat them. Management was nice enough to remove them from the bill. Good points: The bread was very nice and they serve Moscato di Asti by the glass, which is very unusual. I was there on a Friday night. This restaurant is open until 11:00 and this is a college town. When I left at 8:45 there was only one occupied table - that tells you something.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Don6545
“Average restaurant with over priced..Go to Olive garden & spend same”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

went with my family ordered this Jamabalaya penne pasta entree& chicken parmesan.One of the worst parmesan that I have eaten from Italian restaurants.Jambalaya was over cooked so was chicken.Waitress was all over the place. Didn't get appetizer on time& the complimentary bread wth liveoil and herbs took her almost 15 minutes to get.Not great ambiance as expected.Liked the way they do those ducks out of foil paper for left overs,, but we dont go to restaurants to take left overs,Do we?????

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Charminas
Lansing, Michigan
“Favorite restaurant in Mt. Pleasant”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

When I lived in Mount Pleasant this was my favorite restaurant! On our way up north we often make a pit stop in Mount Pleasant just to eat here! The food is very good and we love the atmosphere. I always come here for their baked ziti or wood fired pizza, my fiance is partial to the strombolis. They've added a lot to the menu since the last time I was in and seem to have something new each time I visit. It's worth a try if you've never been!

• Visited October 2013