“Great place. Will return”

Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Shelby
“Great place. Will return”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our two kids (ages 10 & 12) and they loved it. Clean facility, spotless, beautiful rooms (we had a room with a patio on the golf course) Bathrooms were clean and stocked as well as the coffee.

Staff was friendly, waterpark staff were very attentitve to the kids and always willing to help if needed. Wasn't too packed so they didn't have to wait long.

Only negative, for the price you pay to stay, complimentary breakfast of some sorts should be included.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mclouthcrm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Wayland, Michigan
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Check-in staff never smiled, barely acknowledged that we were standing there trying to check-in
Check-out staff was the same way, acted like she didn't want to be working there
Pool very small
Long lines... yet not many people there???
Visit here was a waste of our time and money
Food was overpriced for portion sizes, food tasted ok though
If you're looking for a FRIENDLY place to take your family... look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get top floor.. less noise
2 Thank K W

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pleasant hotels

Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a kids weekend trip and overall it went well. The room was clean and the hotel looks very nice as it is still new. The water park is nice and a perfect size to have a 7 & 5 year old's running around and being safe. The lifeguards were very attentive, which as a parent was reassuring. The restaurant was nice, but the Breakfast Buffet was dismal for the price. We opted to eat out after that first meal. Overall a good experience, but the beds weren't the most comfortable. But I think we are spoiled by a very nice bed at home.

Room Tip: We chose a courtyard room with a siding glass door which opened to a courtyard, that was nice.
2 Thank SLWight
Northville, MI
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came with two other families and everyone had a great time. We got a suite with an adjoining regular room (our friends stayed in that one) and the suite was worth every extra penny. It was huge and all three of our familes spent both evenings in there after fun long days at the waterpark. I would highly recommend going this route if you are going with a group as it gives you a great spot to relax together as the kids unwind (all 7 kids piled in the other room on the king bed to watch a movie as the adults ate and hung out in the large family room area).
We were there in Feb 2013 and the water park itself was not too crowded at all. I have three young kids (6.4.2) and thought it was the perfect size for them. They had more than enough fun things to do yet it didn't seem overwhelming and I never worried that I would lose sight of them as they made their way around to everything. My tall 6 year old daughter was the only one tall enough to use the slide, so that was a bit of a disappointment for the kids, but they did enjoy everything else.
Again, the best part of this place was that it was not overcrowded and my husband and I could easily follow around and see our kids at all times.

Room Tip: If you are there with a group ask to speak with the Group Sales Manager. She was super helpful to ma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank btmaxwell
Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a family of four (2 adults and 2 children...ages 8 and 6) and stay 7-11 to 7-12-13 and we had an awesome time! We have only been home for an hour and my kids are already asking when we can go back :) I also want to add that my son is Autistic and things like this are very hit or miss for him and this was a success for us! The waterpark was not too busy and my kids rarely to never had to wait to do anything (lilly pads,or slides). The flow rider was a different story but that's to be expected! We have been to Great Wolf Lodge and JJ Ranch and this waterpark at Soaring Eagle has won our votes! The arcade games are a little pricey and so is the food but yet again that is what we had expected! We stayed on the second floor which I was reluctant about at first but I am very happy we did...It was so quiet you could of heard a pin drop and we were all able to sleep very good! I have already told several family/friends they have to check out the waterpark and I will continue to spread the word!

Room Tip: We stayed in 265 and It was great! Very quiet both during the day and at night
2 Thank Kimberly W
Western Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Its was our first time there and we were really pleased with the room. I think they do a great job with their hotels! The water park is small and I don't think we would go during the cold season just because of the amount of people that would be there. However, on a Thursday night and Friday morning at the end of June, it was perfect for our 7 year old daughter. She had a great time because she was just over 48" and we enjoyed the tall tube slide and the lazy river. I thought the staff was very courteous, one of them suggested we go to the lifeguard station to get a red wristband so she wouldn't have to get measured by different people all the time - that was helpful. We would go back at the right time of year because of the location and the facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyTravels123
Brown City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Myself and my husband and our 3 children ages 8yrs 7yrs and 4 months just stayed the night here on July 4th our first reaction when pulling up was breath taking my girls have never been to a waterpark or stayed the night in a hotel before.. They had alot of activites going on this day because of the holiday,, very fun and friendly people. The room was amazing when we walked in my daugther had no words she was so excited very very clean and the beds were so comfy and the blanket were soft and clean.. the room was the perfect temp and was easy to adjust if we got cold. Now to the water park we went Wow, so much to do. Both girls went down the big slides first with my husband then alone they had a blast... My youngest was stoped many times becaus of her height but one of th lifegards suggested her to go to the office and get a red wrist band on which indicated she was the right height to go on all the attractions so she wouldnt get stoped and loose her place in line anymore.. And i really like the rules they have in place its for your own safty. My 4 month had to wear a life jacket in the big pool and lazy river and even on the steps of the big pool great inforcment,amazing she was so nice about it and even told me and showed me the ones that would fit her... I was very pleased because you never know what could happen with so many kids runing around they could bump ou at any time. WILL BE GOIN BACK AGAIN

1 Thank Mandy M