“Seafood Buffet”

Soaring Eagle Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort is a magnificent AAA Four Diamond Resort located in the heart of Michigan. This destination features 210,000 square feet of gaming floor, endless dining options, luxurious rooms, full service spa, and a variety of entertaining shows throughout the year.
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Mondays are seafood night. I went there with my Dad expecting to stand in line for up to 2 hours. There was no line this time................and now I know why. The buffet was not what I remembered from years ago. The crab was overcooked and dry. The prime rib was overcooked and dry. Even the desserts seemed to come right out of a box and thawed out from the freezer. YUCK - what happened to this place?! For almost $30.00 a person I felt ripped off. Didn't play the slots - I think I wasted enough money at the so called buffet.

14  Thank Stardaisy
There are newer reviews for Soaring Eagle Casino

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Check in process - excellent, computerized, fair, call in available 1 hr ahead, no shenanigans, seats filled promptly, friendly etc.

Dealers - mostly good, fair, quickness variable, mostly friendly

Tables - No autoshufflers mean SLOW. Very few hands per hour.

Some stupid policies that you don't see in Las Vegas:

No texting or telephone at the table (not even if you are not in the hand)
The dealers count down the deck at every down (no autoshuffle)
Dealers have to shuffle by hand
Buying the button is not available
I was told that if you don't have a players club card and signed in with it you may not win the bad beat should it hit or maybe you will if the supervisor lets you get one at the time it hits but he doesn't have to or something to that effect

Drink service

One server for entire poker room means pretty slow service or even no service. Players
would get their own coffee for each other in the morning until a server showed up.
Stupid $1.30 charge for OJ. Also charge for bottled water, tap ice water free. Pay for booze.

Smoke

It drifts in from the main casino, which is a smoke filled dome. Disgusting.

Rake

Too high, but I heard it's dropping to $5 max soon.
Overall, 3 out of 5.

Please get autoshufflers! They pay for themselves!

Please make the casino nonsmoking! (prob never happen because the percentage of smokers in rural michigan is insanely high).

4  Thank revengeofaone
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We visited the casino on 9-13-10 for our anniversary, the week before our visit their website told of a anniversity promotion where you received double free play dollars for every year you were married. I asked for it and was rudely informed that promotion was no longer available and would receive 10$ instead. I told her that it was on their website and she said they can change the promotions anytime they want. She very obnoxiously said we were going to get 10$ and that was all we were going to get. She also said that we had read the website wrong(which we hadn't). We will not go back there again but instead give our money to the Kewadin casino's instead, at least we are treated courteously there.

11  Thank martom51
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My sisters and I go to the casino weekly. Two years ago someone had left $8 on a machine, my sister didn't notice, put her money in, played for awhile. After cashing out, security approached her and said someone had left the money in the machine and ask her to pay back the $8. Last Friday she put money in a machine, played and cashed out. She noticed the machien gave her too much money but continued to play. An hour or so later security apporached her and someone had left $38.50 on the machine. She was required to pay back the money AND leave the casino for 24 hours. If anyone is dumb enough to walk away and leave money on the machine I consider it their loss. They told her she had comitted a larceny by keeping the money, it should have been turned over to the casino!. Never heard of such a things and would like input if this has happened to any others.

25  Thank sjbett
Reviewed July 11, 2010

worst damn casino there is you cant win nothing there nothing would please me more than to see it close down people need to boycott that place then maybe they would get the message it seems like it gets worse everytime you go and when you complain all they tell you is thats gambling no its robbery

12  Thank reddog01