“Went to eat at buffet and gamble for a birthday.”

Soaring Eagle Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort is a magnificent AAA Four Diamond Resort located in the heart of Michigan. This destination features 210,000 square feet of gaming floor, endless dining options, luxurious rooms, full service spa, and a variety of entertaining shows throughout the year.
Lansing, Michigan
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Went to eat at buffet and gamble for a birthday.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just went back to the casino this past Monday for a birthday lunch at the buffet and a little gambling. This review is mostly about the buffet. Regular price for adult buffet is $15.99 each person. On mondays they are buy one adult meal, get one free. there were 4 adults so we paid half price. The buffet was redone last year so this was my first time eating here ever. One person with us had ate there before the rebuild and said they cut the size of the area in half. we could not pick our own seats, they sat us. It was a small buffet with not the greatest food. I tried the sliced potatoes with dry dill pieces all over it. This would have been fine but the dry herbs were still dry, not moist from cooking. One of the dill pieces got stuck between 2 of my teeth and was not comfortable to finish eating. I had to pick it out with my finger nail. The fried chicken was all mushy. The desserts have the biggest selection, but some did not taste that great...tasteless fruit bar, dry brownie. There was a little old woman running the dessert section (some desserts are behind glass and she serves you. not very buffet like.) and she disappeared to get more food and left the counter unattended and people started lining up. I think there needs to be 2 dessert people.
Over all, not the best buffet I've been to. If we had all paid full price We all would have been pist. Not worth the cost.

The casino looked the same. I hate that ALL bars in Michigan are non-smoking, but it's ok to smoke in casinos. I'm a non-smoker and prefer not to inhale carcinogenic tobacco smoke while I lose my money! I've been on cruise ships with better buffets and half of their casino was smoke-free!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Dayzdx8

Honolulu, Hawaii
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Just Another Indian Owned Casino”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A large casino set up in the middle of nowhere (mid-Michigan). It's smokey, despite having a no smoking section, and just another run-of-the-mill casino.

2 Thank kirrabob
birch run
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“not wheel chair friendly and unfriendly floor people”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

my mother and i have been coming to Soaring Eagle for twenty plus years. She is 91 now and in a wheel chair. She likes to go to the small casino because it's less of a hassle and not so noisy. i have to move chairs just so she can get up close to the machine. One of your girls that clean came up and made it quite clear that she was not happy putting the chairs back. She came up behind me with a chair and ran into me. I gave her a few minutes to apologize but she didn't. So i am wondering if it was intentional. Anyway we got the message and won't be returning. It has not been fun anymore anyway. We have not won anything the whole year of 2012

6 Thank jeri k
ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice casino”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Casino is very large, lots of machines to choose from. The buffet was awesome, lots of choices of food. Casino is a little smokie but they have a non smoking section.

1 Thank svitte
Midland, Michigan
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Smoky, smoky, smoky”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I only visit for the shows and they have a decent auditorium that draws good entertainment for what is generally a rather short show - no intermission, just a first set. The tobacco smoke in the place is overwhelming.

Visited October 2012