“Excellent Dinner”

Camille's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Camille's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining focusing on fresh locally sourced seasonal goods
Port Huron, Michigan
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to dine at Camilles per TripAdvisor. We both got the specials of the evening. Me...The trout my husband Surf and Turf......Both dishes were prepared perfectly...
Some of the pretentious reviews here seemed almost humorous....just go...Our waiters name was Sydney.....He was exceptional.

1 Thank roeservices

Michigan
“Elegant Presentation & Delicious!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is, in my estimation, the best restaurant in Mt Pleasant. Treat yourself to gourmet food and presentation in a cozy, beautifully decorated space. I had the salmon on couscous with an incredible caesar salad (with a large flake of parmesan cheese). The fish was flaky and had a delicious glaze. The wine list is excellent with some unusual bottles. The prices are accurate for the quality & excellent service.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank EllenMichigan
Michigan
“Excellent meal at a great price!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

When we were visiting Mt Pleasant, we asked for a restaurant recommendation. I'm so glad we were told about Camille's because this restaurant should be number 1 on the tripadvisor list. The excellent complete lobster dinner is a steal of a deal at $19. In addition to the cozy dining room, there's a great casual venue. We will be back!

Visited February 2014
“Bloody Mary Bar.......”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do I need to say anything else? We celebrated Easter Sunday at Camille's, my husband and my 89 year old Mom. I started off with a Bloody Mary which I helped create. I went to the bar where the bartender offered me a tall glass that I could rim in celery salt or sugar. I chose celery salt. He then poured a generous amount of Absolute Vodka in my glass with ice and handed it back to me. The rest was up to me. I could choose from V-8 juice, Bloody Mary mix and some other liquids that I wasn't familiar with. For garnishes they had bacon, yes I said bacon, blue cheese stuffed olives, olives stuffed with pimentos, celery, dill pickle spears, lime and lemon wedges. Additional mix-ins were garlic and horseradish, that I couldn't pass up. Wow! What an amazing drink for only $5. Our entrees were sensational too. My husband had steak and eggs, the steak was cooked to perfection and was a generous size. My Mom had biscuits and sausage gravy and I had Eggs Holton (eggs benedict) with a hollandaise sauce lightly seasoned with chipolte. The Eggs Holton was served over grilled asparagus. A totally amazing breakfast, but wait there is dessert. My Mom had a scoop of vanilla ice cream and my husband and I split a lava cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. There was a bit of a wait for the lava cake, because they make it fresh to order. That was okay because I still had my Bloody Mary to enjoy. Dessert arrived. OMG!!! Dark chocolate goodness so worth waiting for. We left the restaurant at 2pm. It is now 9pm and neither of us are hungry. Still totally satisfied with our Easter treat.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Work-to-Travel-Girl
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my third time visiting Camille's and the third time I found the food uneven (I sent a dish back because it was truly awful, and I rarely have to do that). The atmosphere and service are great, but at these prices this place must work on consistency if it wants to keep customers.

• Visited January 2013