“I won't go back.”

Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I had a very bad experience the last time I stayed here. We were kept up all night by the people next door who had their TV loud and were talking over that. We kept thinking they would stop and go to sleep, but they never did.
We called the front desk and she said she would talk to them. This was close to 3:00 am. We never heard back from her and the noise continued. I would of thought they would offer us to move to a different room, but they didn't. Finally at 4:00 am we packed up and checked out. The check out clerk told us to get ahold of the GM. We did. She said if we were "ever that way again" she would give us a discount.
Another side note is the bathroom was dirty with hair on the floor and toilet.
Nope...never again will I stay there.
Cheryl

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaantah
There are newer reviews for Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 18, 2008

After checking all the other hotels in the area closest to Soaring Eagle Casino my husband and I decided to give this one a try for our one night stay based on the great rate, $80 with tax on a Saturday night. We will definitely stay here again, the room was very well designed to maximize every inch of it's compact size and it was extremely clean, great wireless internet service. One thing I noticed is that the bed had a pillow top mattress and was very comfortable.

The only drawback was that we had a single that is on the front of the hotel and therefore there was quite a bit of road noise, but earplugs solved that for me and my husband was not at all bothered. Next stay we will just get a two bed room for $5 more and that should fix that.

So if you are making a casino trip to Mt. Pleasant, check out the Microtel Inn which is great for a night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2008

This was the first time I stayed at a Microtel and they had such a good price on their room I thought I would give them a try. I got a $60 room for a weekday night, which was $30 less than what the Fairfield Inn was charging across town for the same night.

The location of this hotel is excellent if you are interested in going to the casino. It is not so good if you are interested in going to CMU. It is right off the US 127northbound exit for M-20. It is about a 10 minute car ride from the CMU campus but only two or three minutes from the casino. There are plenty of chain restaurants in the area and about 1-2 miles down M-20 there is a Meijer.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the property in general. Also, this hotel was extremely quiet but that may have been a function of the hotel being mostly empty instead of its good soundproofing. As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are smaller than a typical budget hotel but that didn't bother me too much.

What did bother me, was being given a handicapped accessible room and having to deal with the extremely low shower head from the handicapped accessible tub. I should have gone back down to the front desk and asked for a room change but I was too tired by the time I lugged my luggage to the room. I'm not sure why they gave me a handicapped accessible room when the hotel could not have been more than 50% full.

Also, I did not get any shampoo in my room. I'm not sure if this was just an oversight or if Microtel doesn't usually supply shampoo, so if you stay here you might want to bring your own.

Finally, the room had a thermostat control for the a/c/heating unit, which is a nice touch. Unfortunately, the a/c unit was as loud as a Mack truck every time it kicked on.

Overall, if you are just passing through, and staying for one night in Mt. Pleasant, you might want to give the Microtel a try as long as you can get a good rate. Otherwise, you may want to try someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Some friends and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Location is good being very close to the casino and only a few miles from the CMU campus. The hotel is basic, but it's fine for overnight accommodations. The rooms are very clean and are pretty good sized. There is a good variety of TV stations also, including HBO. The beds were not super comfortable, but for a 2 star hotel they were fine. The bathroom was also very clean, with plenty of towels. Finally, the front desk staff was very polite every time we talked to them. This hotel is a good choice for basic, overnight accommodations in Mount Pleasant.

Tip: AAA members receive discounted rates.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Spent a night here in September 2006 on business. Make no mistake: the rooms are small--but that's why it's called MICROtel. Two adults used to regular-sized hotel rooms may find themselves cramped; as a single traveler, I had plenty of space. There were no horrible surprises, and everything was exactly as I would have expected it to be. Nicely situated right off the freeway, it was on a main east-west drag of Mount Pleasant and, as such, there were plenty of dining options nearby. Downtown and Central Michigan University are within a 10 minute drive (much less if you get lucky and make all the lights). The casino is also close.

This was my first stay at any Microtel property. I was impressed enough to consider stays at other Microtel properties in the future, and, should business again take me to this area again, I will book a reservation here without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank jsterben
Reviewed August 17, 2003

We stayed at the Microtel on 8/14. We didn't have a reservation and just stumbled upon it. This hotel is very new. Room was small - but cute, ultra clean and perfect. Even had a ceiling fan which was nice.
The pillows were a little small, so recommend you take your own. But the price was great and it was close to everything we needed.
Definitely would stay there again when in the area. Highly recommend.

7  Thank Debbie978