I stayed here one night in May while visiting Central Michigan University. I was looking for something simple, inexpensive, and easy to find, which this place was. The hotel looks like it was originally a Microtel, with its tiny rooms just large enough for the bed. There was a tiny shelf holding the coffee maker that could have served as a sort of desk, and it did have a basic chair. The wardrobe was built in the the corner and had the TV on top. There was also a bench window seat with two drawers built in underneath. Two walls had large mirrors, making the room seem lighter and a little larger than it really was, although it still felt cramped to me. The bathroom was clean and not especially small. It did not require one to stand on the toilet to shut the door, but there wasn't much extra space. Everything was just enough. I wouldn't want to stay here long, or spend much time in the room except to sleep, but for a place to crash it was perfect.
They have free breakfast in the morning, which was similarly simple but enough. I saw juice, milk, coffee and tea, plus hot chocolate mix. There was bread for toast, muffins, eggo waffles, yogurt, and two kinds of dry cereal as well as some instant oatmeal packets and fresh fruit (bananas and apples). The seating was not plentiful, but while I was there it was not full, and they kept the tv on a morning news program at reasonable volume.
The immediate surroundings include several restaurants, a grocery store, and some other chain stores. It is right next to the highway, so convenient for travelers, but the city of Mt. Pleasant is not that big and you could stay here and still get to the other side of town in 15 minutes or less by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property was built in 1997 and was redone in 2013. Our high standard of cleanliness, along with our friendly environment, makes the Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites a must-stay location. We have been told by MANY guests we have the best beds in town! We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean, comfortable hotel. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast that includes many delicious options. We also offer free wireless Internet access and free nationwide long distance calling. We are conveniently located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, just off I-27 Freeway and on the east side of M-20. We are one mile from the Soaring Eagle Casino and three miles from the Campus of Central Michigan University. We are also conveniently located to many parks, golf courses and restaurants. We also offer a 24-hour taxi service that serves the entire central Michigan area. And those looking for a ride to the casino, it is only $4 per person per ride for a single rider. Or if there is 2 riders or more it is $2 per person per ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mt. Pleasant Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Mt. Pleasant Inn And Suites
- Microtel Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Microtel