“5 star food and service!”

Abe' at The Glass House
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Graskop
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is also known as just "The Glass House"
Hastings, United Kingdom
“5 star food and service!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Now, I have never had rice and banana before, but I will again! An odd way to start I know but bear with me!

We ended up here by happenstance, we planned to cook my otherhalf a birthday meal at Autum Breath Guest house (across the road), after a disasterous meal at a restaurant in Grasskop the night before, but forgot it was easter (how I dont know!) and the shops were shut.

We popped in here on the way back from the closed Spar to book a table and check the menu as my other half (if you have seen my other reviews you will know) is vegetarian and a tad diserning with her food, we spoke to the owner and asked if there were any vegi options, he said "yes" and told us what they were then went on to say that if there wasnt anything there she fancied to "just ask and we will make it for you" so that settled it, we were eating here!

I had the bobotie with bannana and rice, this was amazing! I have not had either before so I cant compaire but it was delicious! My otherhalf ordered from the menu dispite the owner reminding us of his offer and now this place has now ranked a meal in her top 5 ever!!! WELL DONE GLASS HOUSE!!! Our 7 year old niece is a tad finiky about what she eats, this was explained to the owner who accomadated and changed a dish to suite her!

The service was exemplorary, the staff very friendly, polite and helpful, the owner was very funny and welcoming, we felt like family friends in his house! I seriuosly connot recomend this place enough!!!

There were six of us eating here and everyone was very pleased with the meal and night after a fun day (I fell in the Blyde River, so my clothes and boots were soaked, i broke my flip flops getting out of the car so ended up going to dinner in my girlfriends shoes/sandles, No they didnt fit and yes I ended up walking back in bare feet, what a day we had!!!)

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank 8x1rob

• Hebrew first
Italy
“Nice place, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Good food, nice enviroment, friendly staff, reasonable prices, was recommended to us as the best place in town and I think it was very good advice.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Charlie7_71
“Nice place with a good meal.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant very much. We were looking for an African experience and this was a very nice place. It was a great experience.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank dfalk90
“Good south african food in a quiet place”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

1st south african diner in Graskop : menu with choices but not too much as expected in restaurant which cooks fresh food. My best souvenir of pork ribs !!
Good service and food tasty.

Visited August 2012