We camped in Site No 1 for 2 nights. Good braai facilities, power point and tap close by. Good bathroom facilities - thank goodness for plenty of hot water! Our first night was freezing!!!! Used the restaurant for dinner on our second night. Good tasty food and very cosy with the fireplace. Just a pity that the staff seemed to congregate around the fireplace and be a little oblivious to guests. Visited the Fish River Canyon and Ai-Ais so it was a very convenient place to stay. Very interesting place in the middle of nowhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its elaborate decor Canon Roadhouse has acquired a sort of cult status in Namibia: the good old days of the automobile are celebrated in the theme restaurant and bar. Enjoy a slice of our legendary Amarula cheesecake among coachwork arranged with loving care. The geology, flora, fauna and history of the area are explained on display boards at the Canyon Information Centre. Situated directly on the road to the Fish River Canyon, 14 km from the gate to the viewing points, Canon Roadhouse offers 24 immaculate en-suite rooms with air conditioning, a swimming pool and a petrol station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Canyon Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Roadhouse Hotel Fish River Canyon
- Cañon Roadhouse Fish River Canyon
- Canyon Roadhouse Namibia/Fish River Canyon