This lodge could provide great stays because of the beautiful setting amidst huge boulders- but they definitely have a management problem. Unfriendly lady at reception, no offering of porter service (room was quite away from carpark). There are rooms with great views and room with no views. Although the lodge was far away from being full we got one with no view- maybe because our room was closer to the reception than the view-rooms and so it was more comfortable for the girl .showing us the room........
Canon Lodge belongs to Gondwana Group and we stayed at two other lodges of them as well., Kalahari Anib Lodge and Namib Desert Lodge., which performed much better.
Substitute management and this lodge could be gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The harsh rocky desert region at the southern tip of Namibia has made many a traveller think that God has forgotten this land. Not so, just 20 kilometres from the main viewpoint of the Fish River Canyon, leading off the dusty D324, you’ll find the Canon Lodge, an oasis seemingly in the middle of nowhere. The Canon Lodge is one of two existing accommodation centres in the expanse of the 530 km² Gondwana Canon Park. Tall weather-beaten granite boulders mark the location of the lodge and forms an integral part of the overall design. The 20 thatch stone bungalows are dotted among the kopies and are beautifully designed, with the walls shaped around the hills so that boulders protrude into your room, cool to the touch and smoothly rounded by an eternity of erosion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Canyon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Hotel Fish River Canyon
- Canyon Lodge Namibia/Fish River Canyon