Emanya@Etosha
Epacha Game Lodge and Spa(Etosha National Park)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Onguma Bush Camp(Etosha National Park)
Halali Resort(Etosha National Park)
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Namutoni(Etosha National Park)
All reviewsmodern lodgenamutoni gatelit candlesroom decor iscourse dinnerthatched roofan evening drinkwater pressureview animalsfantastic staywatching animalsviewing platformswimming poolminute drivefloodlit waterholestayed nightsdeck
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent 2 nights here recently. The room was spacious and clean and the food was superb with a lovely setting by the swimming pool with lovely lights everywhere for dinner.

A few niggles:

They have very noisy peacocks that are not appreciated when trying to sleep.

Also Andre the manager needs to understand that the client takes precedence over his friendship with the guide, as we are the ones paying the bills. I did not appreciate him telling tales.

There seemed to be a problem with the wine also as I was served a glass of wine from a wine box that had obviously been around for quite awhile as it tasted awful. I was told if I wanted another glass I would have to but a bottle. I had a beer.

The building is lovely but it is too far from Etosha and it does not seem to fit in with the surroundings. Nevertheless the grounds and gardens were well kept and the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

What an amazing experience to stay at Emanya Lodge near the Eastern Gate of Etosha National Park. The staff seemed to anticipate our every need and nothing was too much trouble. Beautiful facilities, beautiful surroundings and excellent food. The owner is there to chat to guests and make them feel welcome. After living in Namibia for several years and quite often experiencing a distinct lack of customer service the Emanya was a refreshing change. I can't say enough to recommend this Lodge :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Emanya is a beautiful lodge just 20km from Etosha National Park (Namutoni gate) - it is well worth the drive to/from the park! It is very serene, private, exquisitely designed & is perfect for couples or families with older children. The staff are friendly & helpful. The owner lives on premises & accompanies diners for the evening sit-down dinners. Each evening's dinner was a delicious 5-course meal presented by the chef himself consisting of a pre-starter, starter, refresher, main course & dessert. The staff provided us with convenient, take-away breakfast packs so we could be at Etosha for the morning game drive at sunrise. The salt water swimming pool was refreshing. We availed of the laundry service which was very efficient & inexpensive. There was a very inviting foot spas, but unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy it. We were greeted each morning by the peacocks, kudu, camel and other birds that frequented the lodge. We would love to stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Thinking we had booked a different hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to arrive at Emanya@Etosha! The hotel was beautiful and we have an overall wonderful experience. Would definately recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

A beautiful place to stay, in stark contrast to other lodges with a more western theme. The staff were incredibly helpful and really just wanted to make sure my stay was comfortable. As mentioned in previous reviews by others, the prices are realistic and the location is very convenient. Very close to the Namutoni gate. I will recommend Emanya to any other Aussies who ask where I visited. It has been the highlight of my Namibian trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo