See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent two days (and one night) and we left thinking that I could have been better. The place is clean and have a several comfortable spaces to relax -especially the area behind the Syrian Restaurant, which didn't seem to be a restaurant but a room full tables- but we found that the restaurant menu and bathroom maintenance could improve significantly.
Enjoying food is, lets be honest here, very important when you are on vacation. The menu here is all about Egyptian food, which could be great if all the items listed in it were available. Another thing, and that is us being picky, the food didn't seem to be consistent in terms of portions and presentation. It is too bad they didn't have any fresh juices when this is one of the things I like the most about Egypt. Their meat was delicious though. Big portions cooked to perfection.
It is nice that they have a pool but it pretty small and not relaxing when it has to be shared with more that 10 people. Also, there was a broken plastic rim following the edge of pool that caused a minor cut in my hand.
The bedroom are simple but totally fine.
They can arrange a private taxi from Cairo to the camp for about 200-250 EGP, which I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

For all of you that are interested to experience the local style of a country...I´d really recommend you to go there! The owner of this BEAUTIFUL eco-lodge is such a wonderful person. We had hours of conversations with him, who is an egyptian (I think originally he was from somewhere else, but don´t remember exactly) author who wrote several books and is still doing and has also a very interesting opinion about the current political activities.

The place itself is simply beautiful, adorable! The food was fantastic (had fish with rice...hmm..tasty!!) and the breakfast was also deliciouse...and I dont wanna mention how incredibly cheap it was.

One of the best things I did during my stay in egypt.

Warmly recommend this place - from the bottom of my heart :)
Cheers,
Aslihan

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aslihan Y
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great experience with great food only defect is the water it's not always in good flow and pressure,I would prefer if organize tours to wady el rayan and other near by places. great place and good work

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've been there of lunch & relaxing after a long trip day, we had a nice lunch in an authentic atmosphere & friendly crew, we really had a good time :)
The place has a nice bazaar for local products & nice rooms to stay the night. I loved the place
The only comment I have is that the food menu needs to have more variety

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShahyRadwan
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just stayed here for a couple of days. About 2 hours on good roads from downtown Cairo. Pretty rustic place but clean; Excellent food and everything is super cheap. Rooms are real basic but comfortable enough--No TVs which is great. Right across the street from the lake, which was pretty interesting. Had a bonfire and sat in a large Diwan outside; great and diverse crowd showed up -mostly from Cairo--played music and hung out until very late. Was a very relaxing and fun time and will go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family