All reviews gas fireplace white lake waffles first floor boiled eggs off season hot tub bike trail continental breakfast chocolate chip cookies walls are thin full kitchen dvd player reception desk antique shops waffle maker lake view room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Corner room with a fireplace, small hot tub and a great view of white lake. The room was clean. The staff was friendly. Breakfast is included with many choices. Price was reasonable. Our hot tub would not hold water. The front desk was prepared with a replacement stopper on hand but was short staffed so we changed it ourselves.

Date of stay: September 2019
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 29, 2019

This is the second year in a row we have stayed at The Weathervane Inn over Thanksgiving break. The rooms are exceptionally clean, updated, and there are beautiful views from the balcony. The biggest asset is the incredibly kind, helpful, hardworking employees. We regularly stay in hotels across the country while vacationing and this place consistently has the best front desk employees.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that have chosen to stay with us during the holidays and hope that you will continue. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 20, 2019

We stayed here one-night, in mid-November. We found the room very comfortable. The linens were all fresh and clean. Towels large and fluffy. Front desk staff very friendly. Overall a very enjoyable stay. It is their quiet season. I'd like to come back when the weather is nicer, to enjoy the water and boats. Nice walking trail nearby.

Date of stay: November 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope that you will come back and stay with us, especially when the weather is nicer.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

I booked a room in early August for a weekend in October to celebrate my wedding anniversary. This hotel was suggested by someone my husband works with. We live near Ann Arbor, and it would be a great time of year to drive to the other side of the state and take in the fall colors. From reading some reviews, I made it a point to reserve a room on the upper level (room 217 lakeview). Upon check-in, the woman at the front desk gave me keys to room 110. It was a good thing I printed out my registration form. I told her, “No, I have a reservation for room 217” and handed her my form. She looked at it and then looked at me and said, “There’s already someone in that room…. and there’s NOTHING I can do for you.” Not, I’m sorry; not, I can give you a discount; not, here’s dinner on us… NOTHING. I was so taken aback by the complete lack of accountability and courtesy, I cancelled. We then scrambled to find someplace else to stay last minute, but it worked out for the best.

Date of stay: October 2019
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Michelle,

I am very sorry that your room was not as expected upon arrival. I apologize that the issue was not handled and you felt the need to to look elsewhere for a place to stay. I will be in contact with you directly to discuss everything further.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

This place had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. It had a refrigerator which was important since I have 5 food allergies. My husband and I used the gym down the street that's free for us asa perk from the Weathervane Inn. The staff was so nice and kind. I was happy about my son's wedding and yet grieving about my dad being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in July. My son's wedding was in August. When we, my husband I needed directions for organic food etc. the staff helped tremendously.

Date of stay: August 2019