TripAdvisor
Montague
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews gas fireplace white lake waffles first floor boiled eggs off season bike trail hot tub continental breakfast chocolate chip cookies walls are thin full kitchen dvd player waffle maker reception desk antique shops lake view room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here one-night, in mid-November. We found the room very comfortable. The linens were all fresh and clean. Towels large and fluffy. Front desk staff very friendly. Overall a very enjoyable stay. It is their quiet season. I'd like to come back when the weather is nicer, to enjoy the water and boats. Nice walking trail nearby.

Date of stay: November 2019
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope that you will come back and stay with us, especially when the weather is nicer.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

I booked a room in early August for a weekend in October to celebrate my wedding anniversary. This hotel was suggested by someone my husband works with. We live near Ann Arbor, and it would be a great time of year to drive to the other side of the state and take in the fall colors. From reading some reviews, I made it a point to reserve a room on the upper level (room 217 lakeview). Upon check-in, the woman at the front desk gave me keys to room 110. It was a good thing I printed out my registration form. I told her, “No, I have a reservation for room 217” and handed her my form. She looked at it and then looked at me and said, “There’s already someone in that room…. and there’s NOTHING I can do for you.” Not, I’m sorry; not, I can give you a discount; not, here’s dinner on us… NOTHING. I was so taken aback by the complete lack of accountability and courtesy, I cancelled. We then scrambled to find someplace else to stay last minute, but it worked out for the best.

Date of stay: October 2019
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Michelle,

I am very sorry that your room was not as expected upon arrival. I apologize that the issue was not handled and you felt the need to to look elsewhere for a place to stay. I will be in contact with you directly to discuss everything further.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

This place had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. It had a refrigerator which was important since I have 5 food allergies. My husband and I used the gym down the street that's free for us asa perk from the Weathervane Inn. The staff was so nice and kind. I was happy about my son's wedding and yet grieving about my dad being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in July. My son's wedding was in August. When we, my husband I needed directions for organic food etc. the staff helped tremendously.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

The Good:
Nice balconies overlooking boats & White Lake. Very convenient to bike trail (highly recommend WaterDog outfitters across the street). Coffee available all day long in the lobby.
The Bad:
Carpet in common areas are heavily stained & in desperate need of replacement (or at least deep cleaning).
Our room was directly adjacent to the breakfast bar & breakfast is served 7-10am. The waffle maker emits a loud “beeeep” every time someone makes a waffle. Every time. Starting at 7am. Also, a family with very young, very active children occupied the room directly above us. These kids seemed to spend all their evening & morning hours running, jumping, crying, & yelling. They did the same thing through the lobby at breakfast.

The room itself is pretty basic. The door opens right into the vanity area, so don’t stand at the sink & brush your teeth! Furniture, flooring, & fixtures were relatively clean but aging.
No dining in the immediate area; walk on the bike path up to Whitehall (15 min) or drive there (2 min). Montague is cute...seems to have a lot of antique shops! Will probably not stay at the Weathervane Inn again, but hope to visit White Lake in the future.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank StellaRipple
Reviewed July 22, 2019

The web site and pictures are totally misleading. I have been wanting to come here for quite some time because of the pictures online. When we arrived today I almost burst into tears. This property is totally misrepresented. The rooms are not that large and the setting is terrible because gazebo was flooded and even if it hadn’t been there is very little grass to sit by the water. You cannot see the water because of all the boats from your room. Our view was parking lot and boats. And the water was nasty. The hallways of the hotel are dirty the room is very small and there is no dresser in the room. However the room was clean but not nearly as nice as the pictures show. I would never come back and I would never recommend this Inn to anyone. For $200 I feel like we were really overcharged

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Karlena D
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Karlena,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the hotel and your stay. As unfortunate as it is, the water levels are very high this year causing many areas to be flooded. Hopefully we will not have this issue next year as there is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.