All reviews gas fireplace jacuzzi tub white lake overlooking the lake boiled eggs waffles first floor bike trail chocolate chip cookies continental breakfast walls are thin full kitchen reception desk great town city view dvd player spent two nights
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed 2 nights at the inn. Very comfortable room with a hot tub and fireplace. Good breakfast and cookies at 8 PM included. Library, largest weathervane and old fashion drug store all within walking distance. Also a Dog n Suds across the street.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
kzachow, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as some of the things our town has to offer! We hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2019

We arrived late on Friday night, we were greeted with warm fresh baked cookies and coffee. We stayed in the full kitchen lake view room. After reading reviews, I requested a room upstairs. The rooms on the ground floor are very close to the reception desk. The walls are thin, so we did hear a bit of ambient noise from the room next to us, nothing that was disruptive, or that was not easily drowned out by the television or music. The room was clean and included a full kitchen (stocked with utensils, plates, ect), a fireplace, a large jetted tub, and a lovely little balcony over-looking the lake. Continental breakfast was from 7-10, with the usual offerings including waffles. We spent the day exploring the surrounding areas, upon our return after dinner, we again were greeted with warm cookies. It was a nice, quiet stay, exactly what we were looking for. We will return!

Room tip: rooms on ground floor are directly across from the reception desk, and walls are thin.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

April,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoy getting feedback from our guests and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. The staff and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 12, 2019

My husband and I stayed during the off-season, so the town and inn were nice and quiet - exactly what we wanted. Our room was on the first floor, and there is a bit of activity in that area as others have mentioned. However, we gladly traded that for the quaint deck overlooking White Lake, the Jacuzzi and the fireplace in our room. These amenities made the activity outside our room the next morning more than worth it.

A few additional features you will enjoy about this inn:
1. It's within walking distance of most restaurants/bars in Montague and Whitehall.
2. There is a nice paved walking/biking trail that is literally right outside the inn's entrance. We walked it all the way out (until it ended), and my best guess is that it was about 3+ miles round trip. This trail is likely quite busy during high season, but on this particular early November morning, it was just us! You can see White Lake for a lot of the walk as well.
3. Lake Michigan is a very short drive (maybe 10 minutes).

I definitely recommend the Weathervane, and my husband and I plan to return each fall. The staff was friendly and helpful, and Montague itself is a gem!

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, consider a room away from the front desk/breakfast area.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Angela! I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to come back!

Reviewed January 3, 2019

Enjoyed our 2 night stay overall b/c it was relaxing...plenty of time to read and to enjoy the hot tub. I wasn't a huge fan of our room at all - it was on the ground floor right by the entrance/exit doors and close to the main desk so we often heard numerous conversations in the hallway. I would definitely ask for a different room placement if we return. Also, both mornings at breakfast we had to search for stuff ourselves (plates, cups, coffee creamer) in the cupboards b/c none were out and also had to go find someone to get more boiled eggs b/c they were out (I didn't see anyone checking inventory of supplies/food either morning and we sat there 20 minutes each morning). Not a huge deal b/c we were able to find supplies in the cupboards but thought service could have been better in this area.

Date of stay: December 2018
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Jane,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that your stay was relaxing for you. I do apologize that the room placement wasn't to your liking and about the issues you had with breakfast. I will look into this and speak with the staff that were working that morning. Please call the hotel directly if you'd like to discuss this matter any further.

Reviewed December 22, 2018

This property is very quiet off season. The first floor room we had was nice, but very awkward right off the lobby - no hallway....rather unprivate. And the walls are so thin - I heard the couple next door snoring all night and people in the lobby early in the morning. The tub drain did not seal, so we had to jerry rig it to keep the tub filled up. For the cost I'd say it was not worth it - low end for the price.

Room tip: 2nd floor is advised
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that there were issues with the location of your room as well as some trouble with the jacuzzi. I highly recommend you stay in one of our Corner Lakeview rooms the next time you are in town. Contact the hotel directly and we can make sure that you're room is in a different location.