All reviews gas fireplace jacuzzi tub white lake waffles overlooking the lake boiled eggs first floor bike trail continental breakfast city view warm chocolate chip cookies comfy bed spent two nights romantic getaway waffle maker across the bridge lovely room
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Tasmanian weather: Strong winds rip roof from Hobart high school, bring down power lines, trees Strong winds which have battered Tasmania in the past 24 hours have downed power lines, ripped the roof from a school and even blown a waterfall backwards.

Stayed: September 2018
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Tim,

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, I do not believe it was meant for our hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Weathervane Inn on August 3-4,2018. Wasn’t impressed. Checked in and went on a city tour. Came back very late cleaned up. Pulled out bed and found a personal housecoat and dirty sheets in the pullout. Told staff and we ended up changing sheets ourselves at 10:30 pm. Made us not sleep well and wonder about overall cleanliness and sheets being changed and washed. Upon showering in morning we found dental floss in the shower. We were compensated slightly but would not recommend a stay especially at $300 for a night.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank wander_mjf
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that we may discuss this further.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Top floor lake view rooms are fantastic— gorgeous views to lake, waterlilies, geese, quiet, super clean with lovely outdoor decks for relaxing. The main level of the hotel also has an expansive deck for enjoying the lakeside spot, almost like one of the many beautiful parks in Montague and Whitehall. Our second floor “queen corner” room was absolutely perfect...but, because we booked at the last minute, it was only available for one night. (Our second night was on the ground floor where we could hear the plumbing next door like a freight train and pretty much overlooked a parking lot.) That being said, we would stay again in a heartbeat. The reception gal who greeted us in the evening was very friendly and nice. Our granddaughter enjoyed the breakfast offerings. Beds are very comfortable. And the location is perfect for enjoying lake fun. Highly recommend you book a top floor lake view room ahead.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for your 4-star review. The Corner Lakeview room is a wonderful room. I am glad that you were able to enjoy it and wish you would have been able to stay a second night in that same room. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy it again the next time that you stay with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

This place is located right on water with porches and balconies. We were in room 222 which was on the side closer to the road so we had street noise when outside on our balcony but not horrible. Our water view was toward Whitehall. The lower number rooms had a view toward the marina which is close. If you need a dark room to sleep well, this is not the side you want to be on. There's a flood light pointed at the side of the building. The light didn't bother us but did attract a ton of Lake flies so we had to go inside or downstairs to the other porch.

Our room was spacious, bed comfy, and good amenities. Note: just a small but nice shower stall. Also, no elevator to the 2nd floor and a long flight of stairs.

Housekeeping does a nice job, room and bathroom were clean. Room 222 had kitchenette but not much in the way of kitchen necessities. Since we only stayed 2 nights it was not a problem.

I did wish there was a chest of drawers or dresser for our clothing. There was only 1 luggage holder even. So we had to live out of our suitcases, one being on the floor. During next upgrade perhaps they could replace the coffee center with a chest of drawers or dresser...

The breakfast bar was a good assortment... waffles (2 kinds), hard boiled eggs, cereal and instant oatmeal, yogurt, beverages. Pastries and toast. Seating was in the hallway along the wall right outside rooms, so I imagine those rooms could have some noise in the early breakfast hours. There was no attendant so if something needed attention you had to find someone. I don't think they replenished food toward the end of the time so if you go down after 9 or 9:30 you may not get what you want.

I think it odd that... they have a lovely aquarium built into the lobby counter but don't have it lit up. Today, during peak breakfast and check out time, the desk staff weren't around in that area.

The night desk clerk was super friendly and helpful! They put out cookies in the evening. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Note: not a lot of things to do in Montague on weekends as shops were mostly closed. Nor are there many restaurant options, but their sister city just across the bridge of Whitehall has many options for food. Most of their shops were closed also when we were there. There is a kayak/bike rental place right across the road and they were open Sunday until 5.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitsend123

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Kitchenette Lakeview room. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The Weathervane Inn is within easy walking distance of a local grocery store, coffee shop/restaurant/book store, local pharmacy/drug store with a soda counter and many other fun places for a small town, summer get away. My room had a balcony - and I suggest asking for that because it is fun to sit outside and overlook all the boats docked at the harbor. It also had a fridge and microwave, so being within easy walking distance of the grocery store was even more important. They also have a nice gift shop/women's clothing shop adjacent to the hotel. I give it a four star instead of a five because the noise does transfer from adjacent rooms, and the reception staff are not very organized. It is also expensive for the area. Although I must add, to be fair, that I was staying at prime time. I would definitely stay here again. I am also local, and regularly refer my friends and family here and they have had a 100% positive experience.

Room Tip: I had Room 218. Rooms along this side of the Inn have balconies facing White Lake and the boat slips.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room as well as our town. I do apologize that you had some issues with noise while you were staying with us. We do hope to see you again in the future!