All reviews gas fireplace jacuzzi tub white lake waffles overlooking the lake boiled eggs first floor bike trail continental breakfast city view warm chocolate chip cookies comfy bed spent two nights romantic getaway waffle maker across the bridge lovely room
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

This place is located right on water with porches and balconies. We were in room 222 which was on the side closer to the road so we had street noise when outside on our balcony but not horrible. Our water view was toward Whitehall. The lower number rooms had a view toward the marina which is close. If you need a dark room to sleep well, this is not the side you want to be on. There's a flood light pointed at the side of the building. The light didn't bother us but did attract a ton of Lake flies so we had to go inside or downstairs to the other porch.

Our room was spacious, bed comfy, and good amenities. Note: just a small but nice shower stall. Also, no elevator to the 2nd floor and a long flight of stairs.

Housekeeping does a nice job, room and bathroom were clean. Room 222 had kitchenette but not much in the way of kitchen necessities. Since we only stayed 2 nights it was not a problem.

I did wish there was a chest of drawers or dresser for our clothing. There was only 1 luggage holder even. So we had to live out of our suitcases, one being on the floor. During next upgrade perhaps they could replace the coffee center with a chest of drawers or dresser...

The breakfast bar was a good assortment... waffles (2 kinds), hard boiled eggs, cereal and instant oatmeal, yogurt, beverages. Pastries and toast. Seating was in the hallway along the wall right outside rooms, so I imagine those rooms could have some noise in the early breakfast hours. There was no attendant so if something needed attention you had to find someone. I don't think they replenished food toward the end of the time so if you go down after 9 or 9:30 you may not get what you want.

I think it odd that... they have a lovely aquarium built into the lobby counter but don't have it lit up. Today, during peak breakfast and check out time, the desk staff weren't around in that area.

The night desk clerk was super friendly and helpful! They put out cookies in the evening. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Note: not a lot of things to do in Montague on weekends as shops were mostly closed. Nor are there many restaurant options, but their sister city just across the bridge of Whitehall has many options for food. Most of their shops were closed also when we were there. There is a kayak/bike rental place right across the road and they were open Sunday until 5.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitsend123
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Kitchenette Lakeview room. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The Weathervane Inn is within easy walking distance of a local grocery store, coffee shop/restaurant/book store, local pharmacy/drug store with a soda counter and many other fun places for a small town, summer get away. My room had a balcony - and I suggest asking for that because it is fun to sit outside and overlook all the boats docked at the harbor. It also had a fridge and microwave, so being within easy walking distance of the grocery store was even more important. They also have a nice gift shop/women's clothing shop adjacent to the hotel. I give it a four star instead of a five because the noise does transfer from adjacent rooms, and the reception staff are not very organized. It is also expensive for the area. Although I must add, to be fair, that I was staying at prime time. I would definitely stay here again. I am also local, and regularly refer my friends and family here and they have had a 100% positive experience.

Room Tip: I had Room 218. Rooms along this side of the Inn have balconies facing White Lake and the boat slips.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room as well as our town. I do apologize that you had some issues with noise while you were staying with us. We do hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Check in was quick and efficient we arrived after 6pm. I asked for general directions to an event we were attending the night desk employee was helpful with that. Upon entering room it was clean and fresh smelling. View of lake, gazebo, and marina were nice. Fireplace in the room had a nice hearth which allowed for extra seating. Bed was comfortable. sleeper sofa ok. sofa placement a little off. due to the fact that when sofa is out you cant get around it to go to bathroom unless you straddle the Jacuzzi in the room. Breakfast average. waffle maker boiled eggs, usual items. overall clean with nice décor. outside the same. new decking. Adirondack chairs all in great condition. would highly recommend inn to locals and visitors alike.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank rhondad9
Kristan Z, General Manager at Weathervane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Rhonda,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to relax with us during your getaway with the girls. I apologize that the pullout sofa didn't meet your expectations. We hope to see you again next year during festival time!

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

We booked last minute on Memorial Day weekend but this place beat expectations. Friendly staff, very nice rooms and great views. Good location/ right next to a bike path and a nice ice cream shop across the street. Not much else in town, but that was fine. Would have rented a boat for the lake if we stayed longer. Our dog came with and they were very accommodating. Would definitely come back again. They had an old fashioned soda shop we wanted to try also. Fun for all.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin E

Kevin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. There is nothing we love more than hearing our guests are taken care of during their stay with us. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us longer on your next visit!

Reviewed May 30, 2018

I stay here during the hunting season (Fall) and camp at White River RV & Campground (summer) and anyone who comes here typ from what I hear always comes back bc everyone I meet are repeats ha ha. The local folks are so KIND and FRIENDLY...such a breath of fresh air compared to Chicago where I live.

This place is right on the water and at the Marina; clean rooms, free easy parking, great view, fair price, great ammeneties and a great town. Its actuially located right next to the public baot lauch, 30 second drive away to the marina entrance

I only stay here when I need a B&B or a hotel stay, no others will do or compare when theire all priced the same (+/-10% cost). Would never trade this locaation and water view to save $15. Umm no.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We enjoy your company and thank you for your loyalty!