“Amazing rooms”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montague
Burton, Michigan
“Amazing rooms”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Me and my husband just stayed this past Saturday and the Weathervane inn was an awesome place to stay. The rooms were really nice, clean and cozy. The jacuzzi was so relaxing and the fireplace was beautiful. I can't wait to be able to go back.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Shelms81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Michigan
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hotel was very nice and the previous reviews on right on the money. We went off season so things were kinda quite around the hotel and town as well. Rooms were very clean, nicely decorated, and perfect size for a couple.

Beds were comfortable, fireplace was romantic, and jetted tub was relaxing.

Breakfast was nice but minimal. Waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, and cereal. coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day and good coffee as well.

Layout of the rooms a bit weird. All the first floor rooms open right up to the lobby and the breakfast area is basically tables and chairs in the lobby right outside guest rooms. Wasn't loud when were were there but with a full hotel, it could be loud in the mornings. I would recommend booking a room on the second floor if you don't want that much traffic right outside your door.

Room Tip: All rooms had a nice view even city side. Book 2nd floor room for less hallway traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank xkitykatxx
Hillsdale, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We totally enjoyed our room. It was very cold and snowy outside but our room was toast. The fireplace and jacuzzi were perfect for a winter getaway. We took our two big dogs(which was a lot of fun) and enjoyed walking the paths next to the hotel. It's a very seasonal area and a lot of businesses are down in the winter, but we still found some cute shops and good food. The continental breakfast is well done and the staff was friendly and courteous. I would love to go sometime in the summer months when all the boats are docked outside the hotel. It is a beautiful view lakeside.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a beautiful view and a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaurelS289
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and had a great time. The Jacuzzi tub in our room was awesome and so was the fireplace. The breakfast was pretty good. I would have liked some hot foods but we couldn't complain. There isn't much to do right in town but you don't have to go far. We would love to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CarrieAnneSutton
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a great getaway for two. My husband and I drove past there years ago, after a week of camping and said it is good to see independent places still up and running but they need to update. Well they have on the inside. There is a Jacuzzi and fireplace in every room. There is a microwave and mini fridge in lake view rooms as well. We found the rooms also have an IPOD docking station so you can play your favorite place list. Kendra is very helpful in attending to your needs if you forget something or need help with any issue. Brittany made sure we were taken care of as well. When we entered the room, it was clean and warm. In the shower are two shower heads each with three settings. Plenty of hot water. Chocolate Chip cookies were ready both nights at 8 pm. Continental Breakfast included . We decided to bring food from home. Excellent choice, did not have to deal with the snow.Restaurants are near by if you want to eat out. Flat screen TV for watching your favorite show. Bed was comfy. We also had a patio. Groupon is also a good way to go to get excellent pricing. We arrived on Thursday and checked out today. We came home refreshed. We will be coming back in the summer. Lovely addition to Michigan's West Coast.

Room Tip: Lakeside if you want a view, kitchenette if you want to cook more. However if you know how to use a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Annette1993
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here in the winter in December. I love that each room has a jacuzzi and fireplace, but the fireplace did not work very well due to the heater being on. I'm not sure how that works out...The kitchen appliances were small but neat and useful if you want to cook while you're there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rebecca W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The room and amenities were mostly fine. We did have an issue where our bathroom light broke and found out that the maintenance staff/man had the weekend off and there was no back up so we just had to deal with it.

The Mgmt awful bit was when I returned home and found my cc statement was more than my receipt. When I called, and the front desk girl was rude and kinda lied. Which I guess wasn't her fault, her manager Britt I think was her name, made her tell me there was no manager on site. But eventually they came clean and I spoke to the manager, but I wish I hadn't, she was scary mean, like super horror movie mean, yelling and cursing... So I hung up and emailed. Luckily someone else wrote me back and I dealt with that person.

Really unfortunate cause it was a great weekend and the Hotel was cute but having to deal with them about anything even remotely unpleasant, like an inaccurate charge, was just awful.

I don't care how good fresh baked cookies smell... I'll never go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank AvidTraveler718
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montague
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Days Inn Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
#4 of 5 in Whitehall
Dunes Express Inn & Suites

Been to Weathervane Inn? Share your experiences!