Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe
$120
$66
$50
Priceline
All reviewspool area isbusiness tripbreakfast roomlate checkoutmicrowave and refrigeratorwafflesfront desk clerkcoffee makerbed was comfortablestaff was very friendlydetroitmaintenance
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in a room with a huge jacuzzi tub, it was clean, very comfortable and a good price. The staff was very nice and helpful, I would definently return to this hotel for getaways with my wife. This was also a big two thumbs up...

Room Tip: Room 202 has the biggest jacuzzi tub I have ever seen or been in, it was awesome
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 74Jeff
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Liar, liar, pants on fire! The sign says 100% remodeled - not true! Yes, the carpet and tile appear new, as does the bathroom vanity. However, the furniture is scratched and cracked, the bedspread had stains, the bedside lamp kept flickering, the desk lamp did not work at all and the bathtub had a cigarette burn on the edge and the floor was either dirty or stained. Unlike the pictures on their website, the TV was not a nice new flat-screen, rather an old 22incher that you might find at the neighborhood yard sale. The breakfast selection was pretty poor - the waffle-maker was not working, the heat and serve omelets were dry and stuck to the foil and the coffee was full of grounds. The upholstered chairs were wet, which you didn't know until you sat down and were rewarded with a wet butt for the day. I was there with a bus group, and the luggage handlers appeared to be the shady son of the owner/manager and his hoodlum friend dressed in sloppy clothing - very unprofessional. I would NEVER stay here again. Normally I have found Comfort Inns to be very satisfactory. I was shocked to find this one so terrible. They are ruining the reputation of the other Comfort Inns that are so nice and boast such good service. Undercover Boss, where are you???

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MzMelly
comfortinnmonroemi, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our remodeled hotel. Since the time of your stay, we’ve made additional improvements to the property and have made staffing changes as well. We take true pride in serving guests well and apologize if you were dissatisfied in any way. I hope you’ll try us again to see how we’re now better than ever before.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Several days ago, my wife and I stayed at this Comfort Inn facility while visiting relatives in the area. We found it to be a nice and clean hotel. The desk staff really went overboard assisting me in getting TV schedules for both evenings we were there. The breakfast bar was good although the waffle machine was out of order. But there were many other selections and that was not a big problem. The A/C in our room was pretty quiet on “low” but the air filter tended to rattle some. I put a small piece of paper in it and we had a nice quiet sleep both nights. I left my normal tip for the room cleaning staff and actually got a “Thank You” note in return. First time ever. Over all, we found our stay here very enjoyable and would recommend it to fellow travelers. All the rooms have now been renovated and look great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Although this hotel indicates it has been recently-renovated, we didn't find that to be the case. Our room always felt damp and the window frame and wall above our window was rusting and peeling back. There always seemed to be a few waterbugs on the bathroom floor, although we didn't consider that a big deal and did not report it to the hotel.

The pool was nice and our kids enjoyed it and the continental breakfast was well-stocked and had lots of variety.

However, we were talked into staying here by family members, who were all in town because of a family reunion, even though our preference was a Hampton Inn that was $30/night more and closer to our reunion location. Each person in our group was overcharged ($89.95) vs. a quoted price of $79.99 on our weekend stays and each person in our group was charged a $2/night safe rental fee.

Those who protested had those charges removed, but I question how many others did not and simply were overcharged. Our room keys also had to be re-programmed several times during our stay, which was an annoyance.

If we were to stay in this area again, we would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check for dampness in your room and waterbugs in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Our renovated property is better than ever before thanks to some additional recent changes. This includes some staffing changes to make sure we serve you better than every before. Still, I apologize if we fell short in your case. I hope you will try us again when your travels require and see that we’re a great place to spend one night or several.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed one night for 100 bucks overpriced for sure; upon checking my credit card statement found out I was billed 261.62. When I called them to inquire I was assured that it was accidental double billing for an extra night, and a manager would fix it and get back with me. Two weeks later and still no credit and no call from "the manager", I have contacted my credit card company and filled a complaint / chargeback.

As you can see from all the other reviews Comfort Inn - Monroe; does this on a regular basis

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anton B

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. I assume all issues have now been resolved. I again apologize for any inconvenience. We take pride in the property and have made many changes since your stay, including staffing changes designed to allow us to serve you better. Please try us again soon.