“Best Slushy Margaritas”
Review of Vaquero's

Vaquero's
Ranked #50 of 133 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Love the mango margaritas, we get them every time we are there. Always happy with the dishes we get, but we don't often change -- we love the combo dinner, choosing 1, 2, or 3 entrees with the beans/rice and it's always good, always generous, and a great price.

The freshly made salsa and guacamole is awesome. I will stop in just for an order of guac to take to parties -- it's all fresh and made for you at the table.

Wait staff always friendly and prompt, place is clean, and I enjoy sitting on the outside patio when it's nice.

1  Thank lszuma

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This nice Mexican Restaurant used to be a local favorite of mine. I wish I could still say the same. Most of the food remains very good, but there seems to be some things dropping in quality?! Ownership appears to have changed hands, and with it seems to have went some of the authentic recipes. Hand picked vegetables and other main ingredients seem to have been replaced. Hey Vaquero's, turn it back around...PLEASE?!

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Vaquero's a handful of times. I always say that I'm never going back. I keep thinking that it's going to get better but, I'm still wrong. This will be my last visit here. The service is okay and the inside is always clean. I like the chips and salsa. They keep raising the prices here. I'm not sure why, it's not that great. This time we left with about a $50 bill. I had 2 beers and we ordered 2 entree's. It's just not worth it when Monroe has other restaurant's that are really good and have reasonable prices.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I tried Vaquero's several years ago and was not very happy with the food . . . but my son has tried it since, liking it. He talked me into giving it another shot and it's great! I don't know if they changed ownership or management . . . or just hired a new chef, but the food was excellent the last two times we had it. Friendly service and cleanliness have never been problems while we were there.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

As hubby has spent a lot of time traveling in Mexico, we're rather particular about Mexican restaurants and were very pleased with the food and service at Vaquero's in Monroe. The decor is nice, the booths have enough room and the chairs at the tables are larger than at most places and very comfortable.

There are a lot of choices in the menu and we were all very pleased with our meals.

We forego the salsa in favor of limes and salt on the tortilla chips and when we asked for limes, we got plenty of slices to squeeze over the individual chips. Hubby's favorite is the Mexican shrimp cocktail and Vaquero's was plenty for a main course.

If you've never had the Mexican version of this dish, you should try it. It's served in a very large, round beer glass and it included plenty of very, very large shrimp accompanied by a sauce that is a cross between salsa and tomato juice. It includes chunks of sweet onions, tomatoes, avocados; cilantro and finely minced sweet peppers. Definitely recommend this!

Our family members dining with us said the margaritas were very good, too.

The staff was polite, prompt and accommodating. Most were fluent in English and Spanish. The manager/owner was present throughout, making sure everything was being taken care of and checking to ensure diners had everything they needed.

This is going on our list of regular places to eat!

Been to Vaquero's? Share your experiences!