“Don't forget to ask for hot sauce” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Don't forget to ask for hot sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Cute little Mexican restaurant whose main business is clearly take-out. The food was very good but not excellent until I asked for hot sauce. They brought out a little bowl of the most fantastic hot-but-not-crazy sauce that brought out the flavors that were hiding. I hope I can return one day!

Northville, Michigan
“Tamales are good, tacos not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

While the tamales are pretty good, the tacos were not, reminded us of make-at-home old El Paso or similar. Some servers were pleasant, we just didn't happen to get that one. Maybe she wasn't having a very good day? LaFiesta in Monroe is far superior, that's where we will return in the future.

Visited March 2013
Newport, Michigan
“Cozy mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is small family owned restaurant. Definately a hidden gem. Food is excellent and people are friendly.

• Visited June 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic - Great Family run joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Exactly the type of home cooked Mexican food my wife and I were craving. Wish they served liquor but that really was not an issue. Being Canadian it always amazes me how easy it is to find booze in the United States and Jake's Liquors was right next door. I already craving their nachos

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stopped here for a quick lunch since it was convenient to I-75. I'm glad I did since it was a much better alternative to the fast food joints at the Dixie Highway exit. I had the tamales off the lunch menu. The server brought some chips and salsa that were fresh and tasty. The plate had two beef tamales covered in chili, refried beans and rice for $5.50, good value for money. The food was good and the service was prompt but not pushy. I enjoyed the lunch and can recommend the place for travelers looking for something better than fast food.

• Visited May 2013