“Awesome”

Detroit Beach Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 133 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Best Mostacolli. If you want an authentic, good, Monroe pizza joint - this is the place!! Nothing like it anywhere! Don't ever change!! Thanks!

1  Thank Shotzjc

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Since Mr. Comti died last year this place has lost its way. Take out order was all wrong. Once the order was properly made, they reused the food from the wrong order in the new order! Not good if you are trying to impress your customer,,,,and probably is a violation of health department rules on food handling.
it is sad to see this place flounder,,,but until things improve we will not be back.

1  Thank romantictourist
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was my husband's favorite restaurant growing up in Monroe. We now live in Georgia but on every visit back "home" we stop at Detroit Beach for mostaccholi casserole before we even check in the motel. It's been in the same family since hubby was a kid and he says the dishes are just as good now as they were back then. Great food, decent prices and lots of good memories.

2  Thank beezhive
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This came so highly recommended by my wife, we decided to go there with friends. Not a huge place, but nice and cozy. I had a deep dish spaghetti with meatballs. It reminded me of Chef Boy-ar-Dee...seriously. The others had pizza, which looked very good, but I did not partake. Maybe next time I get the pizza and they can have redeption.

Reviewed January 10, 2009

We were looking for a genuine Italian non-chain restaurant in Monroe. We found it! Our family of 7 (all second- or third-generation Italian) had gnocchi, mostaccioli, pizza, meatball subs, and frog legs. All of it was exceptional. It's easy to mess up gnocchi but they did a great job with it. The restaurant has been in the same family for many years. One of the owners came out many times to chat with us. We almost didn't go there because of the outside appearance (outside needs lots of work and a new location) but we changed our minds after I told my family that it was rated #2 on TripAdvisor. We all think that it definitely should be #1!

2  Thank i_yac