“Sometimes good...then not so good.”

Dolce Vita Italian Grille
Ranked #43 of 131 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Monroe, MI
“Sometimes good...then not so good.”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, well trained staff, a bit pricey for the area, but not overall. Consistancy is a problem. One visit, great the next not so much. Take a chance though, it's worth a try.

Visited January 2012

Monroe, Michigan
“Highly overrated...”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband literally drags me to Dolce Vita several times a year because he likes one specific dish. Everytime I hope this time will be the time it will turn everything around...it never is. Food is average to poor and extremely overpriced for the quality. I have dined in this restaurant at least 30 times and have never had a good meal

2 Thank Zorrmichael
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less than thrilled...”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stopped in for my cousin's daughter's birthday a couple weeks ago. The spaghetti tasted like the All You Can Spaghetti at Big Boy only Big Boy has better service. The best part of my meal the red velvet cake, and they get that from Cakes By Stephanie, which the waitress didn't even offer. I had to ask what the featured deserts were. Ten years ago this was the place to be, now not so much. We should have just gone to Michigan Bar, but the birthday girl wanted sushi, which she wanted as an appetizer and got last.

1 Thank mrsddraper
Benton Harbor, Michigan
“Nice experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I wanted Italian for my birthday and we found this one. Even though we thought we had arrived early (5:30 PM), we had a 45 minute wait. Will definitely call for reservations next time. They brought us fresh bread while we checked the menu. My husband had a salad and I had the tortrellini soup for starters. Both were wonderful. He had chicken parmagiana and I had a combo trio. The flavor was absolutely delicious. My only complaint was that mine wasn't very hot. They re-heated it for me. Since it was my birthday, we HAD to have dessert. Hubby had coconut cake and I had a "Ho Ho " cake which was out of this world. Will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Deb H
Monroe, Michigan
“Eccellente Italian Fare? Not So Much!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Been here a couple of times...Not really impressed...Had basic penne mostaccioli w/ marinara...Very weak over cooked pasta...Terrible sauce...Not a hint of flavor...Tasted like off the shelf...Out of the can... I was on the fence about this place...The verdicts in...Don't think I'll go back...DVIG did get points to at least make it right...Overall service/atmosphere good. Food-Not So Much.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Cr8Shaker

Been to Dolce Vita Italian Grille? Share your experiences!