“Fresh, Healthy Food”

Public House
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are thrilled to bring the neighborhood fresh, healthy food served in a rustic modern atmosphere
Monroe, Michigan
“Fresh, Healthy Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Fresh healthy food, prepared with excellence! While the menu takes a while to become accustomed to, the meals we had were phenomenal in quality, taste, and preparation. Amazing and unlike anything we’ve ever tasted are: the macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes cut into cubes with added seasonings, and even the French fries stand among the best!. The dinner prices are a tad on the higher side but are reasonable for what the guest receives (2 sides included: $14 for salmon; $12 for roast chicken) and, of course, there are unique choices alongside the common choices such sandwiches, salads, soups, and burgers on the menu that widen the range of offerings and prices. The restaurant offers a casual but simultaneously upgraded dining experience. This restaurant was recently converted from a Big Boy restaurant but the redesigned atmosphere is updated, well done, and described as rustic modern. The chocolate cake stands among the best. It was our first time dining here, therefore, only future visits will determine if the food and service are consistent, but it’s definitely worth trying based on our first experience.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Vacationers2007

Northville, Michigan
“"First visit-We'll be back!"”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal with excellent service! My pick; the chicken avocado sandwich with grilled chicken, bacon, fresh avocado, all the toppings and a balsamic vinaigrette was wonderful. It was served on a tasty baguette bun with homemade chips. Yummy! My husband rated his burger excellent, also! We decided to split a piece of choc. cake for desert because I didn't think I could eat more than a bite or two...I was wrong:) Great meal!!!

2 Thank Sharon22967
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I've be here with friends, twice. The first time I had the portobello burger on ciabatta. I started with the beet salad. The roasted carrots in it were a very nice touch, while the beets were nicely marinated. The portobello was thick and flavorful. The ciabatta roll was fresh and delicious. The fries were some of the best that I've ever had. For dessert my wife and I split a bread pudding. It was piping hot, with a scoop of ice cream. Again, it was delicious. On my second visit I had the roasted eggplant sandwich. It was quite good, and the roll was very good. Service was prompt and friendly. I think that the prices are just a bit high.

2 Thank Bruce L
Monroe, Michigan, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch last week and had a great meal. Today we went for brunch and waited for over an hour. The food came out cold. The managers need to take control of the service here. Very unsatisfactory.

5 Thank Sam K
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went for breakfast. Was pricey at $25 for breakfast for 2. I advised the waitress that my crunchy french toast was soggy and asked her to take my plate. It was never addressed. Husband's ham n cheese omelette was good... but not great. Not worth the price paid. This place wasn't officially open and the owner was right there. We were one of 3 tables filled, including the one the owner was sitting at...l think our my dissatisfaction could have been addressed!

7 Thank cathy s

Been to Public House? Share your experiences!