“You will never find a dog like this one”

Monroe's Original Hot Dog
Ranked #11 of 130 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toledo, Ohio
“You will never find a dog like this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Everyone that lives in Monroe has their favorite hot dog. My whole family loves Monroe's Original. Their chili is one of a kind. I can walk in my house and know when someone has went to Monroe's Original. Makes my mouth water every time. Even though their menu is limited, who goes to a hot dog stand to get a chicken sandwich? I want my hot dogs and root beer. I buy their root beer by the gallon. I'm not even a big fan of root beer, but this stuff is amazing!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Bonadebi

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hotdogs on the Planet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I grew up in Monroe and every Saturday Mom took us to Monroe's Original for chili dogs and rootbeer. As a teenager I got a job as a carhop there. It was the best summer ever. To this day, after traveling all over the place, I still haven't found a chili dog that can compare.

• Visited May 2010
1 Thank Ksanders167
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Chili Dogs in my 60 Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

Began stopping here in 1957. Although I've lived 500+ miles away for 40 years, I always make a stop when I return. Haven't found chili sauce like this one anywhere. I love it.

2 Thank RobertSMeyer
monroe
“$1.55 for a dog is a little pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

Cool little place but not much to choose from, the prices seem a little steep for what you get, no cheese for chili dog thats strange.

Monroe, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greatest hot dogs, and drive in in Monroe, maybe even the U.S.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

Monroe's original has the best hot dogs in Monroe. They are legendary. Everyone who has ever been in Monroe knows who they are and where to go to get an awesome hot dog and root beer. Great food, friendly service! You CANNOT just eat one =D

1 Thank cmmike

Been to Monroe's Original Hot Dog? Share your experiences!