“Happy find close to the Hampton Inn in Monroe, MI”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #14 of 133 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this Red Lobster. Generally I stay far away from any sort of chain restaurant, especially sea food in the mid-west. However, it was the best looking thing close to my hotel so I decided to risk it. I found the local whitefish to be excellent, and those cheese biscuits were amazing!! I ate at the bar, enjoyed a good beer with my dinner, and had outstanding service.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Yep - went in for a full on crab feast and ended up gorging on cheese biscuits. Of course there was no tak'n the crab to the hotel - pretty yucky when cold but man those biscuits were good and no need for memories...they are still sitting in the bottom of my gut - LOVE THEM!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place really surprised me. I've eaten at several and not been real impressed with the food. Sure the biscuits are good but the food is always mediocre. Okay for a chain but nothing to write home about. And the service was hit and miss. Not true here. I was travelling alone and the staff made me feel welcome and comfortable and were very attentive. The food was excellent. I had a combination special. The snow crab and lobster tasted fresh off the boat and was cooked to perfection. I was so impressed I came back the next week. The stuffed sole was just as yummy. However, the biggest surprise to me and what actually brought me back was how good the biscuits were. I mean really, really good! Does this Red Lobster know something the others don't?

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We were a large group on a Saturday night, all from out of the area. They made a nice area for us to all be able to have our tables together. The waitstaff was very efficient, friendly and joked with us throughout the visit. It was one of the better Red Lobsters we've been to. The food all came out together, it was hot and the staff got EVERYTHING correct!

1  Thank wizardnolo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

As far as Red Lobsters go this is not one that I would recommend. I have always been disappointed in the food, but the service is good.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!