“One of our favorite restaurants”
Review of Harbor Inn and Ale

Harbor Inn and Ale
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We love this restaurant. The food is really good and we have always had wonderful service. If you haven't eaten on the deck, the atmosphere there is amazing. Like a whole different world. Their soups are homemade, the seafood, the perch, blue gill is good, and we had whitefish encrusted with crushed walnuts with an amaretto cream sauce. Very tasty. They try for excellence and you can tell. Very relaxing there.

2  Thank ChrisMonroe_12

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We go there often because it is close by. The fresh potato chips are awesome. The fried jumbo shrimp are huge and you get a good supply. The salmon is also good. When Kobi steak is on the special menu, my husband always orders that. We even have Girls Night Out dinners there on occasion because we all like it so much.

1  Thank traveller12304_12
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The food was great, the price was decent and our service was excellent. Tried the chedder, bacon cheeseburger and the wife had the lake percch. Both meals had generous helpings and we both left full and satisfied

1  Thank 74Jeff
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My friends and I went there for dinner and the service was appalling. We waited for our drinks, we waited forever for our salads until I said something to the owner(?). When our dinners finally came, we hadn't had time to finish our salads. The waitress was either new or unorganized. She said they were understaffed, but I noticed the other tables were getting their drinks and food just fine. My girlfriend and I ordered the walleye and it was terrible. She got hers deep fried and I got mine
broiled. Mine was dry on the top and tasteless. It's a downright shame it was so bad. It's a decent location by the lake and you'd think you could get decent seafood. Go to Red Lobster on N. Dixie Hwy. off of I-75

5  Thank Shelly V
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Absolutely one of the best in the area. Wide selection at good prices. Very friendly staff. Th soups are the best! Bar food and more at it's best.Their Mothers' Day brunch last year rivaled the best country club fare.