“Great staff and clean rooms”

Days Inn & Suites Monroe
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Detroit, Michigan
“Great staff and clean rooms”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here recently, great front desk staff, rooms was clean and bright & WARM. I have stayed at many Red Roof location but this one treats you like a 4 star hotel and the staff really show that they appreciate your business.

Room Tip: Ground floor is always my preference
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron A
Michelle B, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. It is nice to hear that our front desk staff provided you with good service. Customer satisfaction is our focus,.. . We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Monroe,
Thank you.
Michelle B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My overall experience was great....the entire staff was nice. I never had to ask for anything. It was a pleasure to stay at your Monroe location. I will definitely be recommending red roof too my friendsand family.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank danilynn0930
Michelle B, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. I appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at theRed Roof Inn Monroe Michigan Feedback like yours always gives us motivation as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers.We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
NYC
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Second time staying at the Red Roof, again the staff was very friendly & quick upon check-in, thankfully was dead tired after a very long trip, needed to get into room & just relax - very comfortable room (and quiet!) Nice place to go to when away from bustling city! Thank you again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shotzjc
Michelle B, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your return visit and kind words! The staff and I are happy you decided to stay with us a second time, and we look forward to seeing you in future travels!
windsor ontario canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel lobby, front desk, continental breakfast area very clean and well kept. Curtains and walls could use some freshening up, but in general, I have seen worse. Pay the extra ten bucks and get the 'suite' which contains an extra room with a couch, chair, stove, fridge, sink, micro-wave and kitchen table and chair set, PLUS an extra television, which is always a welcome relief when travelling with your husband! lol Just a word of caution if you plan on eating in your room...bring your own plates and silverware. The room, bedsheets, and bathroom were quite clean, and a good supply of shampoo, soap and toilet paper was available. This is the type of motel that you drive up to your own door, so even though it was pouring rain when we checked in, there was not a long way to walk. Over all, I would stay there again only because of the price. Nothing was out of the ordinary, and it was a good 15 to 20 minute drive to the nearest WalMart, KMart, Khols, Meijer, etc. Kind of out of the way, but very quiet. And this hotel allows dogs, so if you are not a dog lover, I would not recommend it, as there was some barking going on down the way from our room. I would only hope that the rugs are cleaned after every canine visit. The only other suggestion I have is that ashtrays are put outside the rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are better. Since there is no smoking in the rooms, the wind is blocked on t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SuePillon
Michelle B, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I appreciate your additional comments. More importantly, wanted to let you know YES carpets are cleaned.
Our goal is to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience and want to return. Your feedback and that of others lets us know how well we are doing in meeting that goal.
ashtrays outside is something we are working on,
thank you...
Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Me and the fiance decided to stay here due to it's close proximity to Sterling State Park and the beach. As soon as we entered the room, she decided to take her shoes off FOR A SECOND! She said that the carpet felt damp and gritty. The soles of her feet were black and dirty. The lampshades were stained and the bathroom smelled of some serious funk. The mattress was comfortable enough, but the sheets felt like they had been on there since the previous guest. The price was reasonable, 53 dollars for a deluxe king. The pool is TEENY! Way smaller then the picture on the site suggests. You get what you pay for. But, hey! the beach is right there and Red Lobster and Burger King are right there...

Room Tip: It may be better to have a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank OhioFreqtravlr
Michelle B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and provide a clean and safe environment. I have reminded my team of this and our procedures for preparing a room for a guests arrival. I hope you will give us another opportunity to not only meet but exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was really great staying there, the front desk was polit and the room was clean...i liked the place

• Stayed July 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with our hotel. Its always great to hear when someone is surprised at the service levels. Hope you try us again soon
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a repeat visit to this motel from July 2011. I decided to try the drive-thru check-in since the temperature was over 100 degrees, and I had a dog with me. My experience was that it was very slow, taking about ten minutes. I had to wait while the two clerks on duty helped one customer and then while they accepted a large delivery of pizzas. Then, they could not find my reservation, which I had double-checked immediately before leaving home. Finally, all was well and I was handed my room keys. Alas, no information was given regarding services offered by the hotel, such as the continental breakfast hours, etc. Fortunately, I had looked at the website and knew what I needed to know. My check-out experience via drive-thru was the exact opposite--very speedy and smooth.
The most important aspect of this hotel was that the bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. The rooms have very nice furniture, which obviously came from some other hotel than the standard-issue Red Roof. (I believe this facility was another brand previously.) Maintenance could be a little better as the bathroom door had a hole in one side and missing veneer on the other. The room as a maze of extension cords, and the one connecting the clock radio and bedside lamp was apparently unplugged. It was wedged behind the king-sized bed, and I could not fix it. I also noticed the room did not feature any fluorescent light bulbs.
The continental breakfast was basic although it did offer fresh waffles. Otherwise, it was very minimalist with two kinds of cereals and some muffins and bagels. There was a microwave oven, but I did not notice any oatmeal or anything else available to prepare in it.
The facility does boast a small swimming pool, and it was quite busy, given the extremely hot weather.
There is a huge area for walking dogs. Last year, trash cans were provided for dog waste given that a large dog show is in town on this particular weekend of the year. Nothing like that was offered this year, and the passages with trash cans in them smelled quite strongly. The trash can on the second floor was overflowing when I arrived ca. 5:00 p.m. and stayed that way. If you don't like dogs, it might be best to avoid this facility on the second weekend in July as it will be packed to the gills with dogs, some of whom will be out in exercise pens yapping while their owners wait for them to do their business. Things do quiet down quickly in the evenings since dog show participants usually have quite early arrival times at the show.
So, it's nice, especially for a Red Roof, but a little TLC could be applied to make things even more pleasant. I would definitely try it again if I ever return to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us at the Your feedback is very important to all of us and I'll be sure that the entire team here sees your review. We look forward to having you return for the next dog show:) We just finished upgrading all of our rooms with all new beding!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 9 in Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
Days Inn & Suites Dundee

Been to Days Inn & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!