“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Lakeland, FL
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We requested the handicap room. It was very well done. Plenty of grab bars in the tub and toilet area. Sink had plenty of space to hold the ditty bags and was separate from the tub area. Plenty of room to move around. Work space for the laptop. Nice micro and fridge. Bed was pretty comfortable and everything very clean. One thing I think would be good and that is to have an extra chair in the room, because it seems there are usually two in the room. The morning breakfast was not too great. No cereal, milk, or fresh fruit. They did have the waffle machine. No regular sugar for coffee only sweet and low. Would we stay again? Yes, definitely.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NYC
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Needed a comfortable place to be for short stay in Monroe. Met all my expectations. Friendly staff, comfortable room, good coffee in the A.M. Thanks - will be sure to make my first choice for return trip. Thank you to a great, helpful staff also!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Check in staff was very friendly, helpful and recommended a couple of places to go while the room was being prepared. I stayed in room 114 with a king size bed, nice work desk and sitting chair and i could park in front of my room. Room had microwave and refrigerator, nice carpet, lamps and furniture and because I was staying four night, all of the furnishing contributed to a relaxed stay. Breakfast was always on time and adequate. Internet was easy to connect and had great speed. Minor road noise from I-75 but hotel has great access to the interstate heading North or South. Red Lobster and Burger King were within walking distance and several other restaurants available within less than a mile, including Cracker Barrel. I'll stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Being a Gold Crown member for many years I was shocked at the treatment I recieved by the hotel staff and management when attempting to redeem points award.

Hotel owner did not agree with the number of points needed for a free night , as shown on the BW website, so they charged my credit card without authorization afer I had a confirmation number for the reservation.

If staying here, check your credit card bill for unauthorized charges!

• Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Orlando
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Might have been good at one time but the place is falling apart. The laundry does not function, the carpet in the rooms looks dirty. The staff is very nice but apparently managment does not maintain this hotel properly. This never was built as a Red Roof, sources tell me it is a old "Best Western". HBO very fuzzy!

I suspect some of these very positive reviews are phony!

Room Tip: You can do better if you are looking
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I reallY enjoyed My stay At this hotel. It was afforfable, clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and courteous. I wasnt familiar with the area and was given maps to My destination. I recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed at the red roof Monroe location this month and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very accomidating as I did have pets with me so I needed bottom floor and around a area to take them out. The breakfast was good with variety. It was conviently right off the expressway and had multiple restaurants close by. I will most definitely stay with this inn again !

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 9 in Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
Days Inn & Suites Dundee

Been to Days Inn & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!